D&G

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Went there after the gf wanted to look at something besides coral, picked up some snails and a orange hermit (electric orange?). If I could float a bag worth a darn, I'm sure the crab would've made it :(. Snails made it.

Picked up some tigger pods, need to boost the diversity and population. Going against my better judgement, I bought them even though they weren't moving. Was reassured that it was just because it was cold, temp acclimated when I got home, just as I thought....all dead. Oh well, lesson learned.

Overall, I think I had a positive experience. They even stayed open late, I was the last to leave, to help me out. They have huge green mandarins in, both look male.

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
If they were DOA I'd ask for some kind of refund or credit towards something that is alive! I'm not one to bitch at an LFS but if they assured you of something and it wasnt true then thats on them. Just my 2 cents

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, those bottles of tiger pods are like $27... I would too!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought I'd give them a chance to respond before I go postal. All the bottle I've ever seen had the tops open, these were all closed.

Wish Reef Fuel would've taken off for Kris, best pod collection I've ever bought. Kris is you're listening...

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Im listening. I have thought about starting up reefuel again. Maybe this summer. Its a lot of work though which might be tough now that I have a kid..we will see. Reefuel not taking off though was partially my fault. I didn't give it enough time to do so but after I got all those bottles stolen from me last year. That really left a bad taste in my mouth.

As far as tigger pods, yes the cap does need to be open so they can get oxygen. They can (and should) be refrigerated until you are ready to put them in your tank. They sit in a state of suspension until they are brought to room temperature. In my experience they only last a couple months refrigerated, after that they start to slowly die off (much sooner I would guess if the cap is not open). IIRC there should be a harvest date on the cap. Also, not sure how you temp acclimated them but in the future I would suggest just letting them sit out overnight. In my opinion floating the bottle raises the temp to quickly and will shock them. The temp change should be very gradual.

gh0st

Cleaner Shrimp
Good to know about leaving the caps open.

When we got them in the store I was surprised there weren't storage directions on the bottle, and after digging around for info, all we could find was to simply refrigerate and then warm them back up to get the Tigger pods active again.

On a side note, is it the same for the Reef Nutrition Live Phyto as well? I remember with DT's you just had to open them up and reseal them from time to time.

Thanks again everybody!