1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Damm Clowns! Love her, but my goni does not

Discussion in 'General Reefkeeping Discussion' started by SynDen, Oct 2, 2018.

1. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Instagram Link

Had my clowns for years, and have had the goni since Denver MACNA 4yrs ago. Suddenly the Queen has taken a liking the goni. Nothing to bad, but she like to come up and nuzzle it every so often and keep it from extending its polyps. I have moved the goni to the opposite side of the tank of their nem, and a few others places, but she still finds and nuzzles it....

neil82 likes this.
  2. Lmmchops

Lmmchops Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

My clowns have hosted my goni for quite a while it finally got used to it and doesn't retract anymore

Sent from my SM-G892A using MASC mobile app

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    SynDen likes this.
  3. Ambrosio Aquatics

Ambrosio Aquatics Tuna Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

+1 give it time and just like heavy flow it will eventually get used to it

SynDen likes this.
  4. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Didn't you have some green anemones in there? I was wondering if she is seeking a replacement if you got rid of her nems?

5. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Ya, they have a big rainbow nem and a couple green ones, that the pair host, on the other side of the tank. Dont know why she suddenly has the goni on her radar, but will just wait, and see if the goni gets used to the random nuzzling.