Damn Fish

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Horny fish in my tank. Clown fish and Yellow tail Damsels both laid eggs today. Gale, anyone want the fry when they hatch?

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hhhmmm clown fry...i could try it out if no one else wants them. i have apair of mated but they re new to me and the tank so no egg laying yet. but i could use practice lol

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool.....that's a sign of a nice stable tank:)
what kind of clowns? If Andy (Ummfish!) would ever come back in here, he might like to try the damsels.
That's an extremely hard larvae to raise :)

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea that is what I have been reading. Apparently they will eat rotifers however it seems there is not enough nutrition in them. Need something tiny that is more nutritious for them. The eggs are stupid tiny. The clowns well im not sure....lol nothing special I will get pictures of them they do not sit still long enough to count the spines and well clowns are ssomething I have a hard time telling apart...lol

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol....I know how you feel about counting the spines hehe.

Andy raises some Apocyclops copepods that would produce nauplii that may be
good for the damsel fry.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Apocyclops nauplii will work in combination with rotifers I think. that is my understanding just a matter of having a population that provides enough nauplii

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Uploading pictures now, they are nothing special. The male (smash) is black and white with a orange face and the female (jellybean) is orange and white.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
tlsrcs are you set up for them yet have a rotifer culture and stuff?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea buddy

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
but like i said it would be my first batch so if you dont feel comfortable its cool my clowns are starting to exhibit egg laying behaviors so i can wait if this does not work out

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh no if you want them you can have them. I will have to siphon them when they hatch and you would have to come get them the next day. I not to sure how well they would travel. They should hatch around 3/6 - 3/9 after lights out. If they make it that far along. The last batch he (smash) just demolished trying to tend them.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol nice okay well I think I could make the trip down there with in a day of hatcjlhing as long as no doc appointments for the little one get made.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
no worries I will let you know how it goes

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Only a few clown eggs left Parents are still trying to learn. I however still have hundreds and hundreds of YTD eggs. I am starting to see the eyes in them and they are turning silverish. I do believe they will hatch tonight or maybe tomorrow, just a guess. Andy you around?

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
I hate to steal you post but I was wondering if zooid had any clowns for sale I nned some smaller ones,don't want to wait till yours are ready Chris.. thanks