Day 7 without a cigarette

Andrew,

It was nice meeting you this weekend, thank you for the chaeto. Good luck on quitting, my father quit smoking (pipe) after having surgery to help the healing process. That was 8 years ago. Made a huge difference in his overall health. If you need anything, let me know.

Mike

Punjab

Angel Fish
Awesome man! Cigarettes have always made me sick as hell when I try one. I never got the feeling that they took the edge off. Instead they always seemed to make me more frantic or on edge.

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Congrats man! Stay strong!! Before you know it you wont be able to stand the smell. I quit smoking last September after 17 years. Best thing I have ever done. Where did you get the E cigarette? I want to get my wife to quit and it is really tough on her. Thinking that might help.

Congrats! Maybve in a year I'll have something grown out enough to frag so I'll up the count to 3! I'm sure you've seen this before but remind yourself of the benefits. Sorry, lots of physiology in college!

What Happens When You Quit Smoking
A timeline of health benefits20 Minutes After You Quit
The effects of quitting start to set in immediately. Less than 20 minutes after your last cigarette, your heart rate will already start to drop back towards normal levels.
2 Hours After You Quit
After two hours without a cigarette, your heart rate and blood pressure will have decreased to near healthy levels. Your peripheral circulation may also improve. You may also begin to feel nicotine withdrawals.
12 Hours After You Quit
In just 12 hours after quitting smoking, the carbon monoxide in your body decreases to normal levels, and your blood oxygen levels increase to normal.
24 Hours After You Quit
The heart attack rate for smokers is 70% higher than for non-smokers. But, believe or not, just one full day after quitting smoking, your risk for heart attack will already have begun to drop.
48 Hours After You Quit
At this point all nicotine will have left your body. Your sense of taste and smell will return to a normal level.
2 to 3 Weeks After You Quit
You'll finally be able to exercise and perform physical activities without feeling winded and sick. This is also the point in which most people stop feel withdrawal symptoms.
1 to 9 Months After You Quit
Starting about a month after you quit, your lungs begin to regenerate. Inside them, the cilia –the tiny hair-like organelles that push mucus out –will start to repair themselves and function properly again.
1 Year After You Quit
The one year mark is a big one. After a year without smoking, your risk for heart disease is lowered by 50% compared to when you were still smoking.
5 Years After You Quit
5 to 15 years of being smoke-free, your risk of having a stroke is the same as someone who doesn't smoke.
10 Years After You Quit
It'll take 10 years, but if you quit, eventually your risk of dying from lung cancer will drop to half that of a smoker's. Ten years after quitting, your risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas also decreases.
Long Term Benefits
The long-term benefits of quitting smoking are fantastic. According to the American Heart Association, non-smokers, on average, live 14 years longer than smokers.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry I am late but day 14 was Tuesday. Still not smoking. I am on a roll already starting to feel better sleeping more sound. It is simply amazing how much those stupid things affect your body.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Andrew_bram;167926 said:
Sorry I am late but day 14 was Tuesday. Still not smoking. I am on a roll already starting to feel better sleeping more sound. It is simply amazing how much those stupid things affect your body.

Plus more $ for the reef!

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya tell my misses that with not smoking I get to make tank better. Please lol I not gonna win that arguement on my own.

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good job man!!! You know what else is nice about quitting? Is that nobody can bum them any more LOL. Especially the ones that say they quit and bum them off everyone. They didn't quit they just quit buying HAHA.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hoosier Daddy;168977 said:
Good job man!!! You know what else is nice about quitting? Is that nobody can bum them any more LOL. Especially the ones that say they quit and bum them off everyone. They didn't quit they just quit buying HAHA.

Ain't that the truth!

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks guys still going strong. After day 28 going to go either biweekly or monthly updates.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awesome job Andrew...you should be very proud of accomplishing this for yourself. I commend you!