DBTC limit

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was just wondering if there should be a limit to how many DBTC you can get? At least like a "per month" thing. I've seen people milk it in the past. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ssshh...

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;141270 said:
I was just wondering if there should be a limit to how many DBTC you can get? At least like a "per month" thing. I've seen people milk it in the past. Just wondering what your thoughts are.
The rules have always been that's it's up to you to who to give the coral to. If you think someone is milking it then don't give them a coral. I've been watching this a lot more lately as I feel the same way. It is a MASC policy to not take advantage of this program and if the BOD finds that someone is then infractions are the next step. I've already PMed people about asking for DBTC corals (big no no) and have edited some posts to let people know this is not something we take lightly. You can also PM us of someone is bothering you for corals as well!!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
No nobody is bugging me. I do usually say in my DBTC "never got one from me before" but still wish i didn't have to say that.

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
They could but it would be hard to enforce. Also would it take into account the number of dbtcs you give or only how many you get? Also what about the dbtc meetings?

As I understand it, it shouldn't matter if someone gets a lot because they have to give out two no matter what.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah if you're the one getting them all (hypothetically) you wouldn't see the issue. Now look at it if you were the one giving them out. You see the same person over and over basically being greedy instead of letting other have a turn then you might understand.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is my thoughts. I am just starting out and I like to gather the dbtc. But I also fell the need to give back. So I have gotten corals that are larger than a frag just so I can give back.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;141285 said:
Yeah if you're the one getting them all (hypothetically) you wouldn't see the issue. Now look at it if you were the one giving them out. You see the same person over and over basically being greedy instead of letting other have a turn then you might understand.
In that case you don't give that person a coral, it's that easy. Like I said, the rules have always said its up to you as to how and to whom you give them out to. If you see a troller don't give them a coral and let us know.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Metalsniper;141284 said:
They could but it would be hard to enforce. Also would it take into account the number of dbtcs you give or only how many you get? Also what about the dbtc meetings?

As I understand it, it shouldn't matter if someone gets a lot because they have to give out two no matter what.
A lot of people never give out DBTC coral once they get them. From what I have seen at least. I mean the last two DBTC meetings were huge and in a years time people stuff should have grown out.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Grrr baby..

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;141290 said:
In that case you don't give that person a coral, it's that easy. Like I said, the rules have always said its up to you as to how and to whom you give them out to. If you see a troller don't give them a coral and let us know.
LOL how sad would that be "You won the contest but you're a DBTC pig so next person to claim gets it" I don't know if I can be that mean :p

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;141291 said:
A lot of people never give out DBTC coral once they get them. From what I have seen at least. I mean the last two DBTC meetings were huge and in a years time people stuff should have grown out.
I agree and it's a lot of the times just the frag didn't make it. Like i got a watermellon chalice frag covered in algae. It never grew and just died after about a week. yeah I still say I got it but it doed so no one will ever see it from me.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;141293 said:
LOL how sad would that be "You won the contest but you're a DBTC pig so next person to claim gets it" I don't know if I can be that mean :p
As has been stated, there's no way for us to keep track of this. This is a good faith program and the only way for people to stop taking advantage of it is for people to stop giving them corals, sometimes you have to be a little mean.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was told by a BOD member that it is okay to ask for a DBTC, if that person knows somebody has received a certain DBTC.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;141299 said:
I was told by a BOD member that it is okay to ask for a DBTC, if that person knows somebody has received a certain DBTC.
I don't know who told you that but it's NEVER ok to ask for a DBTC coral. It's in the MASC policies and I've been removing those posts and editing them. ONLY if you were the original giver of the coral and you lost the original is it ok to ask for a DBTC corals.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;141299 said:
i guess its depends on how its done ..its not ok to ask on the forums for dbtc corals not sure what the rules say about asking people from free corals that aren't in the program though

but i personally think if you know someone has DBTC corals that you want you can ask to get in line for it ...its still up to them how they give it away

I have taken many DBTC corals and put many of them back in the program ...so I dont see problem with people taking too many had they went to someone else its possible they may have never went back to the program ....In the end its up to you to set your own rules ....I usually will just give it to the first person to post because I hate when people make me jump through hopes to get it

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The problem with the DBTC program is those who take are not typically giving back. When I first joined MASC I to took some DBTC corals in. I made it a point that every DBTC I received I added 2 DBTC's of my own to the pool, this was on top of what I was to grow out from the DBTC I received. I grew out and put back in every DBTC I received and kept a eye on what I gave out and kept a list of whom I gave DBTC to. Only 2 people that I gave DBTC to have actually given back to the program. I no longer participate in DBTC because of this. The idea is great but the system is flawed, to many takers and not enough giving back.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
ya but thats only what you see ...there is no rule that says it has to be given back on the forum where Kris can see that they are being given back or even to a member of the club ...so you cant be sure whether or not those corals weren't DBTC'd ...sure some don't come back but you never know how many