DBTC limit

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
its not ok to ask for hand-outs but if you know someone has a DBTC frag already that they owe then i dont see a problem with asking to get in line ...but thats just me

nothing wrong with asking to buy corals

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I think this whole "asking" for DBTC frags is really not as bad as some are saying. Seriously, if someone ask about something in my tank when they come over, I have the right to say if it is for sale, not for sale or hey I got it free, when it grows out I'll give you a frag. Freedom for speech people, don't tell me what I can or can't ask for. If you have a problem with that then move to China or old world U.S.S.R.

If some one person here is begging for free frags all the time then let the person, who is being begged deal with it. We are adults and should be able to deal with issues, and if not then do not participate in the DBTC program.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;142224 said:
Yeah I think this whole "asking" for DBTC frags is really not as bad as some are saying. Seriously, if someone ask about something in my tank when they come over, I have the right to say if it is for sale, not for sale or hey I got it free, when it grows out I'll give you a frag. Freedom for speech people, don't tell me what I can or can't ask for. If you have a problem with that then move to China or old world U.S.S.R.

If some one person here is begging for free frags all the time then let the person, who is being begged deal with it. We are adults and should be able to deal with issues, and if not then do not participate in the DBTC program.
The problem with this is it's hard to dictate who is begging for free corals and who isn't. Virgil if this were something that hardly ever came up then it wouldn't be an issue but I've ha many people PM me and talk to me about this at meetings. We've had some people sign up for the website JUST to get free corals. I'm glad you have a respect for freedom of speech as do I, but we had to do something about it when it's effecting people. If someone is at your house asking for corals out of your tank, please feel free, that's not our business. But in order to control the hassles we made the policy that DBTC corals are not to be asked for!

And if you are too worried about it, you can save your DBTC's for DBTC meetings. At least there, everyone gives one and takes one. Then the next meeting you can get twice as many if you grow out everything you got. Everyone is a winner, and if someone doesn't return theirs, then at least they had to put something into the DBTC.

coloagro;142274 said:
Do Inverts count for DBTC?
Crabs etc?
People sometimes "DBTC" them aka give them away for free. I don't see as how they could actually incur a repayment debt though unless you are good at breeding.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So why not make everything but begginer corals members only if some one wants to beg for a kenya tree then........Not only that but then it would almost eliminate people joining just for coral. Just my .02

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;142929 said:
So why not make everything but begginer corals members only if some one wants to beg for a kenya tree then........Not only that but then it would almost eliminate people joining just for coral. Just my .02
Because they aren't our corals for us to try and dictate to whom they go to. I can't control who you give a coral to since its yours, nor do I want to, we just want to make sure the actions on this site are respectful and kept in taste. The many PMs about people asking for DBTC corals through the forums and through PMs bugging people made us decide that it just isnt in good taste to do so. if you feel like PMing someone to get in line for a coral, feel free to, but of they are bugged by it they can report you of it bothers them. Just don't do it in the open.