DBTC Payback. CRWReef's P&G Paly

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?19347-DBTC-Payback-CRWReef-s-P-amp-G-Paly

Above is the link from when I got them from bubbarockies....

I have 3 frags....

Rules are:
*First come first served, If you want them and can't make it till the weekend and someone else swings by earlier then they get them.

*Must pick up @ my place in Littleton (near Pierce and Coal Mine) M-F between 6pm-9pm or this weekend I should be home most of the weekend so we can touch base and schedule.

EDIT: obviously will extend time line if they are not all taken by the weekend. Just didn't want someone to say I want them then a month later they are still trying to meet up. Especially if someone else has said they could come sooner. I've tried to give away corals before and the person just keeps rescheduling and rescheduling, while others have shown interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you still have the last one on Friday when I come down to pick up a few things I'll swoop it up while I'm down there. But there's no way I'll make it down sooner. I'm in Cheyenne. But like I said, if you still have it then I'll take it. Been waiting to get my first dbtc coral and keep it going. Just sounds fun to do this stuff for people

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thought I would let you know that I saw a lot of those flat worms on dipping. I counted 7 after 10 minutes in the dip.

The Zoas themselves were open within 15 minutes and looked great this morning. Thanks.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
That I am not sure about.

I may put these in a spare tank and dip a few more times.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya, I knew I had the flatworms, that is why I pointed them out and told you to make sure and dip. As well as mentioning that a few of the frags in my frag tank had some bryopsis that i was fighting from the last frag swap.

I've done flatworm exit 1 time, but they came back...I think i'm going to try and do flatworm exit every week and do a large water change, don't know what the egg laying cycle is thou. (hopefully a 4 weeks of that in a row should eliminate them all?)

So my question is this...should I mention hey the frag tank that i have these corals in has flatworms and whatever else in the post?
( i guess that is best since if you didn't dip/qt you mighta been annoyed that you made the trip out and wouldn't be taking the coral)

The way I ended up w/ the flatworms was when i purchased some zoa's from Ryan. I get them home (even though i had a QT/Frag tank I didn't dip yet - was only in the hoby like a month at that point) I notice the worms once everything is in the tank. Give him a call and am like hey what are these things. He tells me they are just flatworms no big deal they are harmless
As far as I can tell the worms don't bother the zoa's and i've had acros, monti's, as well as different LPS in that tank before and didn't have any issues.
So the issue I had w/ him was that he didn't tell me up front...I was a bit annoyed, because i'd rather be told up front and make the decision on my own if i want to deal w/ it.

So even though I mentioned it to you when you picked them up, I probably should have posted it in this thread before hand? I am sorry if I caused you any issues.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
B-Rizzle0279;279117 said:
If you still have the last one on Friday when I come down to pick up a few things I'll swoop it up while I'm down there. But there's no way I'll make it down sooner. I'm in Cheyenne. But like I said, if you still have it then I'll take it. Been waiting to get my first dbtc coral and keep it going. Just sounds fun to do this stuff for people
Yes, I have 1 frag left...please note the above conversation about the flatworms. Let me know if you still want them...someone else im'd me after you so giving you first shot at them.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you very much for informing me about them before I took the frag. I just wanted to let you know how many I found to help you judge how bad you had them.

They came off just fine in the dip, and if they are not the kind that eats anything important then all is good regardless. I might not have dipped these guys if you had not said anything, and much better safe than sorry in the long run.

Thanks again for the DBTC, and sorry if my post came off wrong.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the info - Not a big deal, just wanted to get it out thier so that people didn't think I was trying to be shady.
(hopefully it is hard to be considered shady when giving things away, but i definately don't want to get a bad reputation)

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nah, you were very upfront about things the second I arrived.

BTW, I think your tank convinced me I want a couple of Ricordeas as well. :)

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is a new name to me. I know about Fanti-Sea down in Parker, but not Coral Junkie.

That is half my problem. I know about the big names in town that are still open (Aquamart, Aquatic Art, Todd's), but I am still learning of all the basement sellers. I tried to visit Ambrosio, but we missed each other when he had the sale a couple of weeks ago. I plan to visit Mind Blowing this weekend of course. I know there are others that I am not aware of, or that I know are in CO but not an exact location.

Someone needs a full contact sheet with all these smaller places, and even the bigger places I have not heard about yer. Even better if it was something online with MASC member reviews, but I guess that may be outside the goals or be a conflict of interest for the club.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
He is a sponsor on the website. Look @ the Forum's then Sponsors/vendors section.

Someone was trying to put together a map with the information about the locations, but i've never been able to get it to open. Might be something my work blocks...dunno. The thread for that is under vendor experiences.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jeremiah;279407 said:
He is a sponsor on the website. Look @ the Forum's then Sponsors/vendors section.

Someone was trying to put together a map with the information about the locations, but i've never been able to get it to open. Might be something my work blocks...dunno. The thread for that is under vendor experiences.
SethSolomon created this:
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zDqTyGK9ax_4.kzkFZRlgN5fQ
pretty slick. You will probably need to log in to a google account to access the map.