DBTC Space monsters

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fine - $485 (sorry man, haha)

That being said...request a court date, then reschedule it. They usually give you a deadline for making requests to change court dates...do it at the last possible minute. Also, you HAVE to request that the officer is present when you schedule the initial date, otherwise it's just you and the judge and the rescheduling trick has no chance of working.

Like others pointed out, if the cop doesn't show, the case is dismissed and you're good to go. Worst case scenario, the cop shows and you have to sit through a quick court date. Most judges will reduce your fine for something minor like this...do you get headaches from intense sunlight? ...did the shop tell you it was legal when you got it? Hopefully the officer doesn't show, but going to court and having a "valid excuse" usually helps to lighten the blow. Heck, ask them to reduce the fine so you can get it redone with a legal tint...because you need something to keep those migraines at bay. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

yOdaddy

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;279076 said:
Fine - $485 (sorry man, haha)

That being said...request a court date, then reschedule it. They usually give you a deadline for making requests to change court dates...do it at the last possible minute. Also, you HAVE to request that the officer is present when you schedule the initial date, otherwise it's just you and the judge and the rescheduling trick has no chance of working.

Like others pointed out, if the cop doesn't show, the case is dismissed and you're good to go. Worst case scenario, the cop shows and you have to sit through a quick court date. Most judges will reduce your fine for something minor like this...do you get headaches from intense sunlight? ...did the shop tell you it was legal when you got it? Hopefully the officer doesn't show, but going to court and having a "valid excuse" usually helps to lighten the blow. Heck, ask them to reduce the fine so you can get it redone with a legal tint...because you need something to keep those migraines at bay. ;)
i hope the fine will be like last time but if its $485 I'm going to do everything you guys have taught me :D

yOdaddy

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyShark;279036 said:
Hmm. This one could be almost any amount. I'm guessing $50. I hope for you it isn't as high as some have been guessing!
I hope youre right...crossing my fingers ahahhah. Anyway I wrote your name on the frag cause I'm praying you'll win! :D

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
yOdaddy;279022 said:
I'm just going to ride it..fyi i never learn my lesson :( i dont if the fines keeps going up but my last 2 was the same amount so I'm actually hoping for this one to be the same ahahaha. Fingers crossed though
Never pulled over for mine... The shop told me that they don't know me though. Lol
I guess 175

Turbo4toy

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm going with $251. I drove around with 5% limo tint and never once got pulled over. Heck I've seen undercover cop cars with tint darker than the legal limit.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Turbo4toy;279113 said:
I'm going with $251. I drove around with 5% limo tint and never once got pulled over. Heck I've seen undercover cop cars with tint darker than the legal limit.
But they are cops the law doesn't apply to them

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
$328. I've had 20% and 5% and never been pulled over for it hahaha in 4 years. I keep my windows down usually though xD.