Destroy and Rebuild DBTC

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This one is for anybody that's had a tank crash.

My 20g was a challenge for me...mostly because of the location. The room the tank was in had temp swings up to 10 degrees in a day during the summers..I was able to get it under control for the most part, but still had some losses due to some bad swings. In spite of those issues, several colonies I kept never seemed phased by the inconsistent parameters, and I have a few of these frags left to give away.

Whammin watermelons
Candy Apple Pinks
Alpha Omegas
Bam Bams
Green and purple "no name" zoas

Requirements

-You've experienced a tank crash and decided to press on and rebuild or used the crash as an excuse to upgrade/start a new system
- You are willing to take the frag pack. These are the last corals in this tank, and I'd like to take it down ASAP.
- You give back to the DBTC within a month. Post a thread within 30 days of claiming or I will hound you! :p 2 of the zoas on the list are already in multiple frags...so this would take no more effort than posting your own DBTC for other members to enjoy.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow what a cool DBTC! I had a 10g crash when my heater cracked and fried almost every coral. Hardest loss was my cleaner shrimp who I had for 3 years. I rebuilt with the same rock and used a 24g aquapod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
clowninaround7474;300860 said:
Wow what a cool DBTC! I had a 10g crash when my heater cracked and fried almost every coral. Hardest loss was my cleaner shrimp who I had for 3 years. I rebuilt with the same rock and used a 24g aquapod

Just looked in my tank and forgot I had a nice sized Xmas favia in there..yours if you want it.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Destroy and Rebuild DBTC

jahmic;300861 said:
Just looked in my tank and forgot I had a nice sized Xmas favia in there..yours if you want it.
Wow, thank you!! Let me know what works for pickup!

Last edited by a moderator:

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Clowninaround had to pass on the favia...it's available if anybody that's suffered a crash would like it.

Pickup this weekend would definitely be preferable, I'm going to have to break the tank down this weekend due to an upcoming vacation and would rather not go shoulder deep into my cube to place corals there temporarily :)

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have several frags in the sump of my 90 that are still available...feel free to PM me if you're interested.

I lost several zoas here and there, and had instances where 6 months of growth died back after temp swings. Unfortunately... a few days after posting this thread we had a warm sunny day and I left the heat on in the house. Temp swung again in that room and I lost the only fish in the tank. :(

The tank is completely broken down and I'm cooking the rock for a potential rebuild in the future with a new glass cage that will be plumbed into my main tank.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
J.guokas;300855 said:
I'll take it. I had a tank crash a year ago if that counts.
Damn you Josh, a year ago?? How about mine a month ago!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;302908 said:
Damn you Josh, a year ago?? How about mine a month ago!
Hey I had to pass on the coral. Haven't had a chance to make it up there and no chance in sight. I don't know if he still has them available but I wasn't able to take them.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
J.guokas;302909 said:
Hey I had to pass on the coral. Haven't had a chance to make it up there and no chance in sight. I don't know if he still has them available but I wasn't able to take them.

Just given you a hard time bro, gotta have a laugh with everyhting thats happened to me the past 2 days! LOL

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;302910 said:
Just given you a hard time bro, gotta have a laugh with everyhting thats happened to me the past 2 days! LOL
Well...come get some corals, check out the tank, and hang out for a bit. :)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jahmic;302913 said:
Well...come get some corals, check out the tank, and hang out for a bit. :)
+1 I got a few zoas you might like, heck even a colony or 2 for that matter :p