Did I kill it?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got a tri-color frag that stn'd on me. It's still in the tank because the tips and outer rim is still purple. Is there a chance it'll come back? Am I hoping for a miracle?

I'm pretty sure my light acclimation sucked and that's why it stn'd. It came from LEDs and it's now under mh. I placed it in the outer reaches of the light and only run my mh for 2-3 hours.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Never can tell, I always leave recently dead stony corals in the tank and many times they regrow new polyps after a few days or weeks, frogspwans and plate corals are the most likely but most any coral has a chance.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Funny! My wife was just pointing out all the corals I told her were gonners and needed to be tossed that are thriving colonies now! Lol never can tell.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Leave it. I had some that I left in the tank because the frag plugs were glued to the rock. Getting some color on them now. Side note...did you post pics of your new tank?

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've had some that look pure white and just looked toasted, then a month later they look perfect, don't toss it until its been that way for a month or more

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk