Different trumpet colors together?

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a 2 head frag of bright green trumpets and a 2 head frag of blue trumpets and I was hoping to glue them together to let them grow and intertwine. Do you think there will be a problem?

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
shouldnt be a problem at all.... i have had both growing next to each other and they never stung each other.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jack
I died just that in my 180 about 8 years ago and the grew together in to the size of a volleyball. No problems.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Update! Well they are growing right next to each other, but haven't intermingled yet. It's like a middle school dance over here:

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I used frozen for mine. I had a hard time getting them to accept food while the lights are on, but in the mornings before the lights would come back on their feeders were out and they'd take anything I threw at them with the syringe. I had to cut my colony in half and give away 5-6 heads every few months when I was feeding them that way.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

jahmic;243071 said:
I used frozen for mine. I had a hard time getting them to accept food while the lights are on, but in the mornings before the lights would come back on their feeders were out and they'd take anything I threw at them with the syringe. I had to cut my colony in half and give away 5-6 heads every few months when I was feeding them that way.
Thanks for the tip! Ill try that and see what happens!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Mine love rotifers and cyclopeze (sp?). I just use a frozen cube or 2 and add it shortly after the lights turn off and moons come on and they feed like crazy, and grow like crazy, which is a good thing cause I lost half my colony during the my rebuild.