Dipping Shrooms

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I dip all of my corals in Reef dip coral Disinfectant by Seachem according to the instructions. Yesterday I picked up a mushroom and some paly's from Mathewofolk and dipped them all. I placed them in the tank and the paly's have opened up but the mushroom looks awful. I am just wondering what other peoples experiences are with dipping mushrooms. It has been about 22 hours since dipping and introduction into tank. Should I be worried or give it more time to recover? By awful I mean that it is all shriveled up and some of it's tentacles are out around the body. I am hoping it is just shocked and will recover. I know it is hard to kill mushrooms. lol.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Seth. We shall see. I still have one shroom from Reef-Ed that has not fully opened too. I am guessing it needs to be located to a different spot in the tank. Right now it is about 1/3 from the top and all the way on the side of the tank and being somewhat shaded by a Kenya tree. It is getting low flow. Hopefully they start opening. I have a feeling that my nutrients may be a little low in the tank since the move in June. I lost my porcelain crab a couple weeks ago and a hitchhiker clam that died yesterday. They were both thriving before. I changed food when I moved and feed every three days. Guess I need to maybe build the nutrients back up some before I get any more filter feeders. All my time feather duster worms seem to be fine though so I don't know. All of my parameters seem to be within normal ranges.