Dry fit PVC or Glue

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Seeing what peoples opinions are on this. The tank I picked up had some dry fitted connections on it so I was wondering what everyone else does.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
What do you mean dry fitted fittings while running the tank? If so I would strongly recommend not running a tank with just a dry fit on and fitting unless it is threaded.

My two cents for what it's worth I still have to hard pipe my entire system itakes it so much neater.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have dry fit pvc drains in the past with no issues as long as it was a simple drain no more than two turns. I always glue/clamp return lines. Also for all threaded connections I use Rectorseal and I've never had a leak.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
The only places I've dry fitted is stuff like the last downturn of piping from the overflow into the sump. So basically if it failed should still dump in sump but can remove for breakdown or access easier. Returns especially which are seeing a tiny bit of pressure should be glue/clamped.

I'd be nervous about my overflow piping into the bulkhead just being dry fitted... forget a leak, imagine that just one day plopping out.