1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Duncan as Dessert

Discussion in 'Pests and Possible Troublesome Inverts' started by chytownprincess, Sep 18, 2016.

1. chytownprincess

chytownprincess Copepod

Hey everyone. I have an issue with my little Duncan. It hadn't been open in a few weeks. I tested everything numerous times. The parameters are consistent. Calcium 440, kh 10, pH 8.3, magnesium 1460, nitrate 0.10, phosphate 0.01, ammonia/nitrite 0. I do 10-20% water changes every 7-10 days. It is a mixed reef 46g bf. It has about 58# of live rock, and about a 3 1/2 inch sand bed. Fish housed are ocellaris clown, Darwin clown, Bangii cardinal, shark nose goby, and a watchman goby. Dwarf hermit crabs: 3blue leg, 2mexican red leg, and 2 scarlet. I have snails unknown amount of cerith and up to 5 Tonga nassarius. The SPs (ponape, Monti cap, and pink birdsnest), euphyllia (branch and wall hammer ), plays, ZOA,favites, acans, capnella, candy canes, ricordea, GSP, actinodiscus shrooms, and a neon toadstool appear to be happy and are growing well. This morning I moved the rock the Duncan is sitting on slightly and saw a hole in its side (please see PIC). What the hell did this??[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Hmmmm, gas and car insurance, or a war paint Scoly? I am walking home with my coral! "~Tattooed Nurse

2. chytownprincess

chytownprincess Copepod

3. flyfish

flyfish Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Is the Duncan new to the tank?do the clowns have a nem or mushroom they host in.I had a pair of clowns that would try to host every new soft coral I would put in the tank and they killed or irritated everything until I got a large enough toadstool to keep them happy