Algae Clips for large tanks

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I am looking for a solution that I have been unable to figure out on my own. I feed nori during the week and none of the clips meet my needs for the thickness of glass on my tanks. I don't like the suction cup style as it involves sticking my arm in daily and my 2 little fishies magnetic clip isn't strong enough. What do you big tank guys do to solve this?

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I have the 2 little fishies one as well, but the magnet is the outer piece I think....what would happen if you just replaced that with a stronger magnet? Did you place your magnet order yet??

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a couple of those. One I modified where I cut out some of the middle ribs. My tangs never seem to be able to pull all the nori out of the gaps.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app
it's not strong enough though? Not sure why you wouldn't want to continue to use it if so. My tang doesn't get whats in the ribs but its so little left I don't mind. Even then when I add more I scrape the old stuff and put it in a spot where the tang can get it. If you find something better let me know though as I am always open to a better solution.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Made my own with 2 smaller Tunze magnets and a suction cup style veggie clip. Pulled the suction cup off the clip, glued clip to magnet and VIOLA!

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Super glue the clip onto a mag float or other magnetic algae cleaner. I usually super glue the suction cup on so that the clip can spin.