Ecoxotic LED strips

Thinking about doing an Ecoxotic LED retrofit

They have the panorama pro, and the stunner series strips.

Just not sure which colors, and strips to go with.

They have in "stunners":
403nm, 453nm, Magenta, 8000K, and 12000k
(http://www.ecoxotic.com/aquarium-led-lights/stunner-led-strips/stunner-led-strips.html)

And in the "Panoramas":
445nm, Magenta, 8000K, and 12000k
http://www.ecoxotic.com/aquarium-led-lights/panorama-modules/panorama-pro-module.html

Stunners are 6w, and Panoramas are 19watts.

I'd like to get as much color range as possible. I was thinking of doing 403, 453, and magenta stunners, and either the 8000k or 12000k panorama.

A cool thing about this... they don't require cooling fans... so I'm thinking I can use the existing cooling fans as evap fans, and have one blowing on the water, and the other sucking the hot air out.

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have several stunners in blue, white, and magenta, and a panorama pro 12k blue and white if you want to check them out before you buy them.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you're gonna do these in addition to your stock lights just use the stunners.

How much do these run each? I can help you with a DIY build if you want.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on my phone so I'm not going to check... But i think the stunners are 50 bucks each at 6w, and the panoramas are 80 at 19w.

So the setup would cost 300 with the transformers.

It's also super comforting that they're 100% water proof, and I can turn around and sell the stunners from the tank if I ever turn around and sell the tank.

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just know that the stunners are purely for coloration they do not provide any PAR benefit to my knowledge.
I run Stunners in addition to my 45w CAD LED - 2 12" 453n's and 1 24" Royal Blue and Magenta Stunner. The Magenta can really screw up the look of the tank if you have too much so I suggest a minimal amount of Magenta otherwise everything is very very purplish-pinkish when your lights are in Dawn/Dusk. I run that 24" on a dimmer due to that reason and everything works great for me! I'd do Panorama's if you looking for PAR and stunners for coloration. You may consider a small UV strip as well but definitely pick up 1 or 2 453n strips. The other great thing is that they put out ZERO heat and I have no problems with water or condensation. Finally, I suggest buying those reflectors for the stunners....something I have yet to do but wish I had done! BTW you can pick up transformers at Radio Shack for cheap instead of buying their units....same product....better price :)

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
coloagro;158243 said:
I run that 24" on a dimmer due to that reason and everything works great for me! I'd do Panorama's if you looking for PAR and stunners for coloration. You may consider a small UV strip as well but definitely pick up 1 or 2 453n strips. The other great thing is that they put out ZERO heat and I have no problems with water or condensation. Finally, I suggest buying those reflectors for the stunners....something I have yet to do but wish I had done! BTW you can pick up transformers at Radio Shack for cheap instead of buying their units....same product....better price :)
Where did you buy your dimmer?