Edit thread time limit

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Announcing yet another new implementation to the forum. Inlight of several recent events, the Board has voted and decided to implement a thread title and thread post, time limit for editing. This means you will have a15 minute window of time to edit your post before the post will be locked against editing. The post is then permanent, so choose your verbiage and words wisely.

To update your sale threads you will need to either retype, copy or quote your original post with updates.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I have a tank build thread and love the fact I can modify the details keeps it clean and relivent. Let this forum be free, and stop with the petty rules already.....

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Edit thread time limit

Coming soon: Redistribution of Coral Wealth.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Edit thread time limit

I am sure that this is so people can not change what they said, I do often need to fix my crappy typing.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Edit thread time limit

I guess I'm out of the loop on why. I'm not seeing why this is needed or will benefit the club in anyway

Sent from Earth

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have to agree. We've have a couple bad eggs and you guys are trying to make corrections that affect the whole community. I would rather deal with these guys as they come, and not have something like this done.

As Dave said. For a build thread it would be nice to edit the first post with maybe up to date photo's or equipment list.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
JuanGutz;224946 said:
Kinda sucks but it's for a good reason I must say.
deboy69;224967 said:
I guess I'm out of the loop on why. I'm not seeing why this is needed or will benefit the club in anyway

Sent from Earth
What did I miss? I'm with the others in seeing the benefit of modifying the original post on a sale list. If it's a couple of bad eggs, then deal with those eggs or let them get scrambled in the usual way.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe this should be used as a tool for the mods to use when there is questionable behavior or complaints against someone and not against everyone else. I wish more people that listed for sale groups would keep the initial post updated. Some threads have gotten quite long and it is much easier to go back to the first post to find out what is sold, pending, or still for sale.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Amazing how the actions of one person are going to affect the entire community, I see the logic in this, however Im not to keen of it myself. This is going to clutter the forums up.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Again I understand the logic, but wow is this going to make large sales threads hard to manage and track.. not sure it is really worth it in the end.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I agree with everyone here. Punishing the whole community because of a couple bad people is not the way to go. The best part of MASC is the freedom we have here. Being able to edit posts keeps this forum clean and it is a great feature many of us use.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Edit thread time limit

Lame! I hate it when other forums like R2R wont let you edit. I sold a bunch of stuff there recently and because i couldnt edit the original post i kept getting request after request from people try to buy something long gone because they couldnt follow the thread or just didnt bother. It got really abnoxoius!

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Edit thread time limit

I would have to agree it will make sale threads a nightmare!! Other than that I don't see to big of issue as I rarely have to edit but during large sale adds thats all I ever do and I hate ppl who don't because it makes it impossible to see what has sold without going through six pages of posts