Elite Reef | SWC Aptasia Zapper

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yesterday we finally got our new aptasia zappers in from SWC and wow they are amazing! The first thing I noticed about it was the length. At about three feet long, they can reach into just about any aquarium I've ever seen including the 3' deep customer account that was it's first victim. Before taking it out to zap away into a customers tank, we decided to see just what it does to the aquarium water. We got it all set up and grabbed a voltmeter to make sure it doesn't dump any stray voltage into the aquarium, and as we expected it read NOTHING. Off to the customer account I went...​

At three feet deep and full of aptasia, this tank was the perfect proving grounds for the new zapper. With it's length and bent end getting it into tight spots even at the bottom of the tank is easy, and when you get a good zap on one it's nowhere to be found in seconds. It is recommended to suck out the remains to keep any spores from spreading, but with a troop of peppermint shrimps going in the tank soon, it wasn't really necessary. This new tool truly was the difference between getting it done in one hour and five hours!!!​

Check them out and get yours ordered today at:
http://www.swcskimmers.com/

[video=youtube;KRB49GLnPI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRB49GLnPI0[/video]​

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
neat! I dont have any aptasia but if i ever do i know what im getting!

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice, I wonder how it would do without the peppermint shrimp follow up? I have a large peppermint shrimp that took care of all my aptasia, but most people are just using joe's juice without adding a peppermint shrimp afterwards. It would be interesting to see how it worked if you just used the zapper.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you guys sell these now? I have been thinking of getting Oke for a bout a month now but never knew if they worked.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think the club would burn it out in a week.
Heck I could burn it out in an hour or two in my tank, lol, er, nobody look at my tank.