Elite Reef | SWC Aptasia Zapper

By the power vested in my by [insert deity here], I command this thread to rise! Be resurrected!

Ok, so I have some aiptasia that keep coming back. At $20 a bottle for aiptasiaX, I thought that this might work out in the long run. Now that it's been out for a little bit, are there anymore reviews? Does the zapper last or break in a month? Any adverse effects?

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The cheaper version is Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime.
King Soopers for less than $5 per can. Will last longer than your aiptasia.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i thought that i heard elite doesn't carry them anymore ...if that tells you anything ....but i could be wrong
either way i have heard they werent that great

I guess I'll probably just pick up some of the Pickling Lime. Sounds like it's as as good as anything else and I could probably use the dosing anyways.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I found out the same thing when I tried to buy one. Was told that if you zapped them but didn't then scrape off the non melted parts, they grew back...aparantly with a "you killed my father, prepare to die" type of attitude too.

Yaten13;105486 said:
By the power vested in my by [insert deity here], I command this thread to rise! Be resurrected!

Ok, so I have some aiptasia that keep coming back. At $20 a bottle for aiptasiaX, I thought that this might work out in the long run. Now that it's been out for a little bit, are there anymore reviews? Does the zapper last or break in a month? Any adverse effects?

I made one of these with instructions I found online, I thought it worked great on the aiptasia. I never had to scrape the rock after frying them and none of mine ever came back.

Zoalander

Butterfly Fish
I have figured out the best way to kill Aiptasia is fear and intimidation. Just keep mean mugging them and yell things like ....."lets step outside" and "You feeling froggy????? Jump!" It's worked for me, oh and make sure your always flexing in front of your tank.

Remember to watch out when burning your corals. If you have free range zoa's it can send you to the hospital.