Eshopps = bad customer service

mdrumm

Butterfly Fish
I bought a corner frag rack from my LFS. When I opened it I noticed it was cracked in the back:

I emailed eshopps on april 7 as soon as I opened the package. I sent a picture and my receipt. Here we are almost a week later and they want me to ship it back on my dime. I would rather not put $7 towards a $25 frag rack and wait another week so I am going to use as is. Thankfully, most other companies that I have dealt with in this industry provide exceptional customer service and Eshopps seems to be the exception. This will be my last eshopps purchase.

Mike

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That blows....kinda glad I didn't buy an Eshopps now.

On a different note......
Inland (fragging band saw) has great customer service :)
I bought a bandsaw off Ebay that wasn't warranteed if used for fragging. I emailed Inland directly and
they are converting it over to a frag saw even though I didn't buy direct from them :) Eshopps probably
would have made me eat the cost of the saw.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Honestly not surprised. Most companies dont bother to pay shipping to them. My Neptune crapped out on me and I had to send it back, only had it for a couple months. I had to pay the shipping there. My neptune controls EVERYTHING in my setup and I have spent over $1000 for my apex and all the addons. I even asked if he could send me a loaner just so I can keep my system running smoothly (was willing to give a CC to have on file encase I got shady with the loaner) and I was given a big fat no - so sad - sorry for your loss. Send it in on your dime, wait 2 weeks and deal with it was pretty much how I was treated.

Funny story on the other end of the spectrum. Most people rag on Gateway (computers) but man o man I LOVE them. I bought a laptop years ago from them and a couple pieces crapped out on me. They overnighted the replacement parts with a paid for return box. Now that is customer service and needless to say they have a customer for life now.