Evergrow led's worth the money?

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just looking for other lighting options for my frag tank and was wondering what everyone thinks of these lights. Thank you for your input.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
What are they now? I think 95 bucks. Without getting into the whole lighting debate... They are well worth the cost! I may put one on my sump. Lol

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Chinese 165 watt dimmable full spectrum LED off eBay!!

youve seen my tank, you've seen the color and growth

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I don't know, it's a 165 watt dimmable full spectrum LED from eBay. Ever grow sounds right, but I'm not 100 % sure

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I looked into it further and they discontinued the standard evergrow fixture. I couldnt remember the company name before, but its called reef radiance. They have an apex controllable fixture for just under $200 now that is basically a more robust version of the chinese ebay leds that is built in america with a decent warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think they are really worth it. Bill (Ghxst) let me borrow a 120W LED fixture I believe he said he got from ReefKoi when he did a group by maybe 18months ago. Anyhow, the unit is just blue's and whites, and all I can say is WOW!!!. I have a 40Gal long FRAG tank, and it is on one side of it. All the corals (except yellow scroll) respond very well.

I'm thinking of geting this unit at some point.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330900426092?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This thread is a good one on it's performance. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2368555

I however keep eyeing OceanRevives SO26s or the T247... Cost a bit more but sleeker. Not exactly worth 2x the price though..... IMO....

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a 165w full spectrum pannel on my biocube and the color and growth is unbeliveable

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Evergrow led's worth the money?

I have a 120 w led that I got from docharlemtutu that is similar to an evergrow, it's got uv and yellow, green, red LEDs on it as well as the whites and blues. I've seen a little bit of growth on my sps w it and had decent polyp growth w the Zoas.
This was an upgrade from power compacts though.

Last edited by a moderator:

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;318017 said:
I have a 120 w led that I got from docharlemtutu that is similar to an evergrow, it's got uv and yellow, green, red LEDs on it as well as the whites and blues. I've seen a little bit of growth on my sps w it and had decent polyp growth w the Zoas. This was an upgrade from power compacts though.
I know this post is a bit old but I'm wondering if there is any additional comments about these lights. Miah2bzy, did you end up getting one? For less than $100 per light I'm considering them.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes the evergrow D120's and D165's on ebay are some good bang for the buck. And if they do break they are super easy to fix with some basic soldering skills. Just a very basic 2 channel manual dimmable fixture.

The evergrow d120 and the 165w are made by the same company the 120w just had a brand tossed on it.

Current prices are $84 for a D120 and $88 for a D165.

Links!

D120: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evergrow-Di...914?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b48d384a

D165: http://www.ebay.com/itm/165W-Dimmab...757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8e50f63d

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BryanF;327137 said:
Thanks Seth. Did you see good results with your sps?

I have only ever used one with my marine planted tank. So I am not sure about sps growth. I still use halides on my main reef. But there are tons of success stories all over different forums.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I use the 165w on my cube. I run it at about 90% blue and 50% white (and other colors). Great growth for everything including SPS.

The only thing I dont like about this fixture is the purples are tied in with the same dimmer as the whites, reds, greens, wish it was tied in with the blues.

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;327147 said:
I use the 165w on my cube. I run it at about 90% blue and 50% white (and other colors). Great growth for everything including SPS. The only thing I dont like about this fixture is the purples are tied in with the same dimmer as the whites, reds, greens, wish it was tied in with the blues.
Thanks josh. I think I'm going to save some cash and give them a try!

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;327180 said:
I'd love to hear a review when these have been up and running for a bit if you could!
Yep, I can do that. I'm starting from scratch with dry rock so it will be a bit until my tank is ready for sps.

Hey Bryan sorry to hear about your house that is terrible. Does anybody have any long term experience with these now? I am a bit curious about how well they do over several months or even years.