Evergrow led's worth the money?

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm happy with mine. I've only had Sps in there for a few months but I'm seeing pretty good growth. No mechanical problems what so ever. Prior to these I had halides and then evo LEDs. For the modest investment I'm satisfied.

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lawdogg28;343976 said:
Hey Bryan sorry to hear about your house that is terrible. Does anybody have any long term experience with these now? I am a bit curious about how well they do over several months or even years.
I have the 165 w light I have mainly sps and the grow is pretty good even a frag of red planet that I brought from aquatic art is coloring up pretty good

I am very tempted to buy them. But I would need 4 (I am guessing). So that would be a big leap of faith. I just hope they would hold up and with my luck I would be the only one on this forum that has had problems with these.

I forgot to ask if these came with any type of mounting hardware and if so what does it consist of. My wife will insist on a professional look.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have 2 evergrow d120's and the are good for everthing except acros. Most acros loose color and no matter how high I mount them, the top of the acro's have ok color, but not the all around the stem color. It would be easier to show ya, but it's not like you're around the corner. If you want a good cheap light, this is good.

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
DyM;344004 said:
I have 2 evergrow d120's and the are good for everthing except acros. Most acros loose color and no matter how high I mount them, the top of the acro's have ok color, but not the all around the stem color. It would be easier to show ya, but it's not like you're around the corner. If you want a good cheap light, this is good.
Idk , but I personally have good luck with acros under this light and know lots of people growing acros with great color under this light

I am going to have a 72x27x27 tank. How many lights would I need? I am guessing 3??? My tank has bracing on top that divides the tank into thirds. Also would I tun the lights side to side or front to back? My tank is fairly deep.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Three should be plenty. I run 4 (onyx. Same power but better LEDs and apex ready) on my 125 g, but 3 worked fine. Just didnt like the dark spot from the center brace.

I have two braces otherwise I would absolutely run four lights. So I still need to figure out if I should run them front to back or side to side? I wonder how the par will be on a 27" tank? Would 3 inches make that huge of a difference?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Run them side to side. The extra 3" will make a huge difference.

I have been running these on my 72" long shallow reef for about 6 months now. I used 80/20 parts to build a hanging system that allows me toadjust the lights up and down, left and right, and front to back. Here is an older pic when the tank was new:

I'm growing mostly sps in then tank now, and haven't had any problems with growth or color. How high is everyone mounting theirs, and what settings are you using for the blue and white channels? Right now i'm at 100% on the blue side, and around 75% on the white. Lights are about 10.5 inches off of the surface of the water.

You totally have to show me how you built your mount! I have been searching for a clean look to mount these and the fact you were able to make them adjustable is great. My tank is going to be 27" high so I wonder if the light will have a problem getting to the bottom? Anyway please please please give me your design on the mount. I am not very good with tools so keep it mind numbingly stupid for me!

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thought I would share my recent experience. Lights are 6 months old and one of the channels (blues) went out. The eBay seller is willing to repair but I will be without it for several weeks.