Extreme DBTC

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
So what makes an extreme coral an extreme? The fact that it often dies after it's fragged? Availability? Price? Slow growth? Well the green crossettes fit this, except price and maybe availability. Try and find some locally, go ahead I'll wait. These have grown a polyp or two in the eight months they've been in my tank. I try higher lighting, they don't open up as much. I try lower lighting, they don't open up as much. Same with flow, nothing really makes them happy. I fragged 5 polyps for my 3000 posts dbtc, and 3 died. The two that made it really aren't looking all that well. So, does this make it an "extreme"

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
'This category contains rare or normally very expensive corals (for example, bubblegum watermelon chalice). Members propagating this level of DBTC coral have a system capable of handling any coral they are asking for (i.e. established aquarium with lighting/water parameters suitable for these challenging specimens)."
not sure what a green crossettes isbut if its readily available for a good price then probably not extreme ...maybe difficult to frag but reproduces quickly?

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a huge colony of them, never tried fragging them though. Might have to try it.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know what I consider extreme, but when I post a manah manah people will post xenia or GSP to get an extreme, thats kinda why I have held back a bit lately, I expect people to give a nice coral to get a nice coral, and they dont.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Get rid of the category titles and just put a dollar amount on the DBTC!

$25-
$25-$50
$50-$100
$100+

It would be much more simple.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's ALL relative when it comes to the "wow" and to "$" amounts. I mean even dollar amounts vary from vendor to vendor here in Colorado. I think you personally make the judgment call and if the general concensus is that it isn't an extreme or a beginner, etc than you will hear about it from the other members lol.