fantasy football

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well we got 4 ppl. I'll start the league when I can get at least 8 ppl committed. Want a 16 player league, but I'll take what I can get. Also, wanna do a $20 buy in? Winner takes all? Or 1-3rd place?

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yup, Just QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, DEF. Standard scoring. Toss in a flex, and no set positions on the bench - I like to carry 4 kickers just in case ;)

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I say top 3 pay, $20 buy in is good - but MUST be paid before the draft night. Collecting $$ from people once they draft poorly or lose a few games in the season is rough.

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Agreed. I can hold it in my PayPal. That way whoever wins I can just pay it out to them, or keep it as I win... Lol. We can also do coral equals. Still pay ur 20, but in the end can pay with coral. Winner has to accept the coral is only condition. Vote away guys. I'm open to all input.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, make it cash or PayPal. Last year was a hassle and I never got paid from 2 people I believe... Ill do some research and PM you those screen names...
No defensive players? I'm in either way, but that seems crazy!

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here's what we did last year:

Ok so here are the rules I am thinking of:
1.Entrance fee $20 players can substitute a frag worth $20 at the end of the season to get their $20 back in the event of a question of a frag value a poll will be added for members to vote if frag is valid for said fee
2. If a ten team league first place gets fee and 7 prizes, 2nd gets fee and 1 prize, if more than 12 people, third place gets fee back and remaining prizes are distributed between 1st and 2nd
3. more rules to be added as needed to this post

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I still think it's easiest to make it a $20 buy in, no corals. $20 = $20 to everyone :) Fees collected prior to drafting, if you don't pay, you don't draft.

I also think regular season winner should win some $$. No sense in kicking butt all season, just to lose in week 1 or 2 or payoffs.

I did something simple like, in a 10 man league where 8 make the playoffs, like:

End of regular season champ gets $40
4 winning teams in round 1 get $20
2 winning teams in round 2 get $20
League Champ gets $40

This way, half the league can actually win their entry fees back if they win a playoff game. If you win the regular season, and the playoffs, you can sweep up $120 - nice payoff for great season.

Last edited by a moderator:

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was in the league last year. So a lot of "discussions" going back and forth. I agree with just the $20. Being in the springs, how many are going to drive down here to give me my coral? Lol

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kip is in too. He has been in a league for 35 yrs [IFL] They modeled it after NFL and it is pretty awesome. Just let him know how he can help and where $$ goes. I am getting out of the middle of this. His cell is 303-345-8250

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;320699 said:
I still think it's easiest to make it a $20 buy in, no corals. $20 = $20 to everyone :) Fees collected prior to drafting, if you don't pay, you don't draft.

I also think regular season winner should win some $$. No sense in kicking butt all season, just to lose in week 1 or 2 or payoffs.

I did something simple like, in a 10 man league where 8 make the playoffs, like:

End of regular season champ gets $40
4 winning teams in round 1 get $20
2 winning teams in round 2 get $20
League Champ gets $40

This way, half the league can actually win their entry fees back if they win a playoff game. If you win the regular season, and the playoffs, you can sweep up $120 - nice payoff for great season.
That's pretty cool, actually!