Favia Deflated with lights on

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
So the favia I got from Gonzo at the January meeting has been growing some, it has new tissue on it but during the day it always deflated when the lights are on. Its color is also very muted at all times. When the lights are off it inflates and has nice ridges, although colors still very muted. I have tried several locations for it, mid tank and on the sand bed, and currently it is under some of the rocks in a fairly shaded spot on the sand. I thought this would be a good spot for it since it inflates mostly at night, but still not looking so good. It has been in that spot for a couple weeks now. Would love to see this thing get its bright colors back and looking healthy.
Param as of yesterday, and have been stable at these for some time, sal. 1.025, 8.7 dkh, ca 430, mag 1350, ammmonia, no3 and no4 at zero, temp 79degrees, with t5 lighting

Any thoughts?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya everything else in the tank is looking pretty good, only this one piece that is giving me fits. Would love to see its color return to the way it was before Gonzo fragged it at the meeting.