Moved back to CO, starting 1st reef tank!

Hi everyone,

I am Danielle, I was born in Colorado and lived here until my first year of college, and then moved with my boyfriend to California. We lived in Los Angeles for 5 years, then moved to Oakland and lived there for 2 years.
We just moved back to Colorado this past June! Happy to be back home!

I tried to start a reef tank in LA, but the maximum allowed aquarium size was 10 gallons, and I just thought that was too small to be worth it.

Our current place allows up to 20 gallons, which, while not as near as big as I would want, is at least a bit better.

I am a member on a few other forums (reef2reef, nanoreef, aquariacentral, and fishlore), but am happy to join a local reef forum!

Only tank I currently have is a 20 gallon long planted male betta tank.

I am wanting to set up a 20 gallon long (or 22 gallon) softy reef, with an AIO compartment. I am planning on entering the contest on nano reef.

Excited to be a member one here!

I apologize though, as I think I might have possibly broken a rule. I just posted in the wanted section, and do not have 25 meaningful posts (I did not notice that until after I posted). I clicked the link to review forum rules, but it was broken. If there is a working link, I would appreciate!

I understand if my post in the classified needs to be deleted until I meet the requirements!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Nice and Welcome to the club.
Your wanted post is fine, but Ill check that broken link for forum rules.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome back and welcome to the club. Lots of nice people here. Not always online at the same time but you'll get the answers if you have questions.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Welcome to the club! Definitely post up a build thread once you get going. We always love pics.

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Welcome!!! you found a great group of knowledge here.
I know this would completely ruin your Nano aspect, but with some leases, they do not specify how many 20g aquariums you can have.
20g sump 0n a 20g Display. (I personally would be toast in the smaller water volume category.)
Check out the current contest as they have some great dos and dont's on smaller systems.