Figured I would ask.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok was at petsmart this weekend and looked for coralife salt (just to see). So I see topfin salt mix. Anyone know anything about it?

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
I've seen it, never used it. Here's what I found:

The Coralife Marine Salt Mix Solution
Dissolving 1/2 cup of Coralife Marine Salt in one gallon of purified 78°F water will yield a solution with the following properties:
Specific Gravity: 1.021-1.023
pH: 8.2 to 8.3
Calcium: 390 to 410 ppm
Magnesium: 1,110 to 1.250 ppm

*NOTE: Test results may vary with different test methods.

Take what you will from that. Seams most companies "embellish" a few of those figures too. I've used Kent a long time. Thinking about switching to Salinity, as I hear it's the best on the market (I have no clue.)

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kindafishy;149204 said:
I've seen it, never used it. Here's what I found:

The Coralife Marine Salt Mix Solution
Dissolving 1/2 cup of Coralife Marine Salt in one gallon of purified 78°F water will yield a solution with the following properties:
Specific Gravity: 1.021-1.023
pH: 8.2 to 8.3
Calcium: 390 to 410 ppm
Magnesium: 1,110 to 1.250 ppm

*NOTE: Test results may vary with different test methods.

Take what you will from that. Seams most companies "embellish" a few of those figures too. I've used Kent a long time. Thinking about switching to Salinity, as I hear it's the best on the market (I have no clue.)
I have used coralife, But I have never seen top fin and can not find info on it.

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Sorry. I actually did start with top fin, then re-checked your post and somehow switched to Corallife. My mistake.

Are you talking about that stuff that comes in the milk carton??