1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Filling tank - So Cloudy

Discussion in 'General Reefkeeping Discussion' started by cubuffs, Aug 5, 2018.

1. cubuffs

cubuffs Copepod

I am filling my 60 gallon cube with sand and water yesterday. I washed the sand in a 5 gallon bucket for 45 minutes non-stop to get the dust and debris out. The water always remained milky looking.

After 10 hours of resting, the water is still milky. What else should I do?

2. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

It takes a while! What filtration are you running? Can you do a filter sock? You could also get some filter floss or you have a spot. The bottom line is that it could take a couple days...

timnem70 likes this.
  3. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

4. timnem70

timnem70 Amphipod

Oh man. Now u have to wait for a cycle? Keep patient or it will be a looong amd painful ride.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using MASC mobile app

5. timnem70

timnem70 Amphipod

6. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

What’s it looking like? It’s been a few days... any pics or plans?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

7. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Expect this to take several days. The milkiness after that time frame isnt sand, it's a bacteria bloom.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

timnem70 likes this.