Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yep we needed them right away and Aquamedic isnt anywere near a cheaper place to buy them

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Who signed the receipt for the dinner?

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Daniel at this time the only BOD who has a Debit card is Juan.

As was stated eariler I was under the assumption that the BOD having approved Steven come to town in the threads where the BOD approved that would have included meals. Not sure what else to say about this as I was unable to attend the dinner.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;196390 said:
Daniel at this time the only BOD who has a Debit card is Juan.

As was stated eariler I was under the assumption that the BOD having approved Steven come to town in the threads where the BOD approved that would have included meals. Not sure what else to say about this as I was unable to attend the dinner.
at this time was this at the time of the dinner? if so do we have a receipt for this expense?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So Juan is the only one with the Credit Card. The most expensive plate is $28, the MASC account is down to $300 (im sure you planned on the $500 being gone to the winner) and you take it upon yourselves to SPEND THE CLUBS money on drinks!?!?!?

This is disgusting. Juan needs to be FIRED. OK'ing club money being spent on drinks. What a fiasco. Are all 5 of you REALLY that poor you cant afford your own dinner? Do any of you even have a conscious?

Man this just gets better and better don't it.

Why does Juan even have a credit card? He is the EX President. I thought the EX president was a consultative role to the current President only?

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;196395 said:
So Juan is the only one with the Credit Card. The most expensive plate is $28, the MASC account is down to $300 (im sure you planned on the $500 being gone to the winner) and you take it upon yourselves to SPEND THE CLUBS money on drinks!?!?!?

This is disgusting. Juan needs to be FIRED. OK'ing club money being spent on drinks. What a fiasco. Are all 5 of you REALLY that poor you cant afford your own dinner? Do any of you even have a conscious?

Man this just gets better and better don't it.

Why does Juan even have a credit card? He is the EX President. I thought the EX president was a consultative role to the current President only?
+1

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
He does have a role as consultive the reason he is th eonly one with a card is due to problems with the bank we use rather than the bod itself. In short we have tried to fix that problem and failed but have other plans that we havent had time to implement yet.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don’t think that Juan should resign I believe the board should discuss this issue with an open mindset and let them manage this. Now that there is an understanding as to what happened and the miscommunication by all BOD members including myself about what was covered in the cost of bringing a Representative to help prepare a competitive bid for Macna to be hosted in Denver. We voted in board members to ensure our club thrives and the choices made by all parties involved could have been handled differently and more effectively.

I have faith that our board will make a decision with the best interest of the clubs members now that all the dirty laundry is out.
Chad, Drew, Scott, Adam, Juan, Derek, Aaron, and Craig I would like to say thank you for your dedication to the club and all the hard work you have done and continue to do. I have said my peace and leave the decisions that should of stayed behind the scene in the hands of our remaining BOD

I also would like to apologize to anyone who has taken offense to any statement I have made I was not trying to personally attack anyone. I just wanted answers and I felt that pertained to use of club funds.

Thank you and lets all try to think positively over the duration of the events to follow.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just a couple questions...

Is the "consulting ex president" a "Consultant" or a "Voting member of the BOD"? Just for clarification.

Who attended the $325 Dinner? I have read everything and must have missed that.

Is there an itemized receipt for the dinner? I know this would be required for any company card I have ever had, as well as a list of those in attendance.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes. Ex-Officio is a voting position.

Juan, Rob, and Steven Pro. I am not sure of the other 2 attendee's. Nor am I aware of an itemized receipt.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;196490 said:
Yes. Ex-Officio is a voting position.

Juan, Rob, and Steven Pro. I am not sure of the other 2 attendee's. Nor am I aware of an itemized receipt.
Thank you.

Are we even sure there were 5 attendee's? Perhaps we need to evaluate what is required to report expenditures in the future.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
spstimie;196494 said:
Thank you.

Are we even sure there were 5 attendee's? Perhaps we need to evaluate what is required to report expenditures in the future.
It will be addressed in the new bylaws and/or a spending policy.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
that0neguy1126;196501 said:
It will be addressed in the new bylaws and/or a spending policy.
And these new bylaws and spending policies; Who comes up with these

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;196503 said:
And these new bylaws and spending policies; Who comes up with these
Scott is drafting them up. they will be reviewed for input by the entire Club, revised, and then voted on by the members.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yep the membership will vote on the bylaws and be allowed to make changes and suggestions prior to the voting period

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Based on what I read here it appears to me that there are a few people on here who are creating unnecessary drama over a financial " he said she said" - I probably should just stay out of this but I have complete faith in the BOD as as well as Juan. I believe Juan has done some great things for Masc so for his name to be tarnished over a relatively minor financial mishap is ridiculous. To me it's clear there are 2 or 3 club members on this post who are stirring the pot and causing drama... I'm not sure if these guys are doing it in an attempt to seek some kind of revenge or something else but I find all of this a bit ridiculous. This is a small tight knit club with trustworthy people... So for those of you who keep pushing back on the BOD and causing drama please stop. We don't need a lynch mob on here ruining someone's image over uncertainties. Let's get back to reefing and drop the drama.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
coloagro;196543 said:
Based on what I read here it appears to me that there are a few people on here who are creating unnecessary drama over a financial " he said she said" - I probably should just stay out of this but I have complete faith in the BOD as as well as Juan. I believe Juan has done some great things for Masc so for his name to be tarnished over a relatively minor financial mishap is ridiculous. To me it's clear there are 2 or 3 club members on this post who are stirring the pot and causing drama... I'm not sure if these guys are doing it in an attempt to seek some kind of revenge or something else but I find all of this a bit ridiculous. This is a small tight knit club with trustworthy people... So for those of you who keep pushing back on the BOD and causing drama please stop. We don't need a lynch mob on here ruining someone's image over uncertainties. Let's get back to reefing and drop the drama.
+1

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
coloagro;196543 said:
Well I am sure this is directed towards me since I voiced my opinion on the situation so let me respond. I like Juan. I think Juan is a great guy and I know he has done a lot for this club, I dont dispute that. I do however have a problem when club funds are used carelessly. You might not see a issue with it but it shows a lack of leadership and consideration to use club funds to get drunk on, especially when the clubs coffers are so low. Maybe calling for him to be fired was harsh, emotions ran high this weekend for everyone (and I am sorry for some things I have said) but as a club should we just sit back and let the board do whatever the heck they want? They need to be held accountable for their actions just like we all do, not only here but in life in general.

Complacency will always be the downfall. I hope you can also see the good that has come out of this. If we didnt raise a ruckus some things wouldn't have got accomplished. Derek got is position back, we will probably start to see BOD meeting minutes now, our clubs financials will be better regulated and I foresee much better organization with our board of directors which in turns benefits us all. Not only that but the board will now include members in on decision making. I don't see any of this as a bad thing. It is sad in the process we have lost some board members and probably some members but keep in mind if everyone did as they were supposed to (on all sides) none of this would have even happened.

But alas, those of us who question the status quo will always be seen as pot stirrers and just people out to start trouble. In reality we want the same thing everyone else wants, a well run, honest and great reef club to be a part of.