Fish parasite or disease

Turbo4toy

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got home today and my firefish wasn't looking too hot. He was swimming awkwardly and hanging out at the bottom. I noticed a red spot on him. I don't have a quarantine tank but if he can be saved I can take him to the LFS or leave him in my tank if it isn't a parasite or something bad.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Looks like an ulcer to me. Usually caused by force trauma of some sort. Either fighting or bashing its self on a rock.

Turbo4toy

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Should I try to leave him in to see if he pulls through or try to take him to LFS? I don't have a quarantine tank. Or any other suggestions?

Turbo4toy

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Whatever it was he died pretty quickly. I took him out and put him in a container and was going to take him to the LFS. He was too far gone I guess. It could have happened last night because I left very early and wasn't home until tonight.

Turbo4toy;269462 said:
Ok I'll do a couple water changes as a precautionary measure. Would you suggest a couple 20% changes?
Yes at least a couple 20% to 25% water changes in the next few days. Keep in mind that bacterial infections usually come from lack of maintenance or over feeding. So check to make sure all filter material is cleaned or replaced regularly, only feed what the fish can eat in about a minute twice a day and keep up on regular water changes! Good luck with your fish!