Flow questions

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If you ran the 2 gyres across the top, and maybe an mp40 and the side bottom blasting across the back? I would think that would cover everything.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
TheRealChrisBrown;638162 said:
If you ran the 2 gyres across the top, and maybe an mp40 and the side bottom blasting across the back? I would think that would cover everything.
This might work placing right next to overflow. I really want the sides free of equipment

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Do the two gyre on the back wall and the mp low for turbulent times. Use your controller to turn them on and off randomly. I have the old gyre but all the parts have been upgraded via warranty. Very happy with the current state of it. Reliability was questionable for 1st gen. Great now. The new mp vortech pumps are really quiet and more powerful than before. By quiet I mean "is that thing on quiet". The new gyre are nice and quiet too, you know how fussy I am about the noise.

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;n638205 said:
Do the two gyre on the back wall and the mp low for turbulent times. Use your controller to turn them on and off randomly. I have the old gyre but all the parts have been upgraded via warranty. Very happy with the current state of it. Reliability was questionable for 1st gen. Great now. The new mp vortech pumps are really quiet and more powerful than before. By quiet I mean "is that thing on quiet". The new gyre are nice and quiet too, you know how fussy I am about the noise.
How does the Gyre compare flow wise? Is it a comparable to the MP40? I'm assuming that we are all talking about the Gyre 150

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
aquarius;638209 said:
How does the Gyre compare flow wise? Is it a comparable to the MP40? I'm assuming that we are all talking about the Gyre 150
As much or more, very different application. Laminar flow.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tutu, forgot, wasn't your upgrade from 210 to 300dd? Is that what you are running now like 3 gyre along back wall? I'm a little torn on doing gyre's or just sticking to conventional power heads.

Andrew_bram;638139 said:
Return flow is not where I am concerned this will be plumbed it basement. I am trying to figure out my in tank flow without sacrifice of clean look. This will be a downgrade in tank size for me.
It's the reverse flow on the Maxspect people were talking about. Not return flow. Your question was about creating flow in a Cube? Right? Any of the MP powerheads have "clean" relatively flush mounting attachment to the tank, that would look good and perform better. Get 2 MP 40s for the back glass and a couple MP 10s for cross flow. You can control them to do all kinds of productive stuff.

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got a 36x36. Running two mp40 and one wp40.

I used to run a gyre 150 in it, but there wasn't enough room around the rock for the gyre to really be effective. It was just blasting the front of my rock and pulling sand away from the front corner.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chris_W;638293 said:
I've got a 36x36. Running two mp40 and one wp40.

I used to run a gyre 150 in it, but there wasn't enough room around the rock for the gyre to really be effective. It was just blasting the front of my rock and pulling sand away from the front corner.
Very Interesting how high where you running it.