1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Focustronic New LED

Discussion in 'Lighting and Equipment' started by MuralReef, Nov 15, 2017.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

So I finally got the Focustronic LED fixture that I won last spring at ReefStock. Now I’m not sure what to try it out on. I also need to create a mounting bracket to hold it. I’m thinking based upon the instructions it would mount similar to a Radion. I don’t know if it would be intense enough by itself for my 65.

Attached Files:

SynDen likes this.
  2. Ghxst

Ghxst Cuttle Fish

Have you set it up yet? For how much they went for I would think they should light up your tank!

3. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

I would think so too but I need to build/buy a mounting bracket for it. It is pretty heavy and with the center brace on the 65 I don’t think I could use a conventional one.

4. ReefCheif

ReefCheif Marlin Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Curious to see how this thing works, keepmus posted Mike.

5. MuralReef

So it is pretty cool. I will have to set it up and run the demo cycle so you can see how it works. Basically it moves to mimic the movement of the sun/moon.

ReefCheif likes this.