For Don

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So this is what I am thinking. I recently purchased a 125 tall. It has a h.o.b. over flow, skimmer ,pump, stand and sump. I also have some retro fit t-5 hanging out. The stand is cheap and has no canopy. I am willing to donate and auction the tank and parts. But I was thinking it would do better if the stand was nicer and if it had a canopy. Maybe some other parts as well, circulation pumps and heaters maybe some dry rock some sand maybe more?

So what I am asking, is there members who are willing to donate more for this? Some time to clean up the stand and build a canopy? So if you don't have cash or things to donate to the project could use your time to help clean, move the tank, or haul too? 100% of the sale will be donated to Dons fund/family.

Is this something the BOD will stand behind? Would you set up an auction? Or is this Idea just too much to pull off? I was thinking what a great way to honor Don with a club build and auction. Let me know your thoughts. If people are willing to get behind this I am all for it

Items needed for the build:
Some finish wood or cash for finish wood
125-150 lbs of rock dry or live
Someone to wire lights
circulation pumps (chad has some)
Heater

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is a great idea Mike. I don't have any extra equipment right now, but I would be willing to donate my time.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Mike, that is a perfect idea!!!!! I have a few circ pumps, chemicals, test kits and a few other misc things to donate. Count me in for sure!!!!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't have any extra equipment, but can donate as much time as needed.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;167007 said:
Mike, that is a perfect idea!!!!! I have a few circ pumps, chemicals, test kits and a few other misc things to donate. Count me in for sure!!!!
Oh you where going to donate anyway lol

MartinsReef;167008 said:
I will build the stand.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
I have a stand maybe you can rework it to keep costs to you down.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lowenbrau;167006 said:
I think it is a great idea Mike. I don't have any extra equipment right now, but I would be willing to donate my time.
cdrewferd;167009 said:
I don't have any extra equipment, but can donate as much time as needed.
Great it is times like this that this club needs to come together IMO

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;167011 said:
Oh you where going to donate anyway lol

I have a stand maybe you can rework it to keep costs to you down.
Ill come look at it.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can donate time as well and think this is a great idea. One thing I could donate is coral, maybe we could get more money if we have some livestock as well.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;167016 said:
I can help ya with the stand and canopy money's tight right now but I can help build it
I guess at this point we need to figure if we are going to paint it or stain. IMO paint we can work with less expensive material and still have a nice product plus I have a lot of wood.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;167019 said:
I can donate time as well and think this is a great idea. One thing I could donate is coral, maybe we could get more money if we have some livestock as well.
I was thinking the same but I was thinking achievable until I seen the response I would get. I to have frags for this.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;167016 said:
I can help ya with the stand and canopy money's tight right now but I can help build it
That would be awesome.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
majicmike;167004 said:
So this is what I am thinking. I recently purchased a 125 tall. It has a h.o.b. over flow, skimmer ,pump, stand and sump. I also have some retro fit t-5 hanging out. The stand is cheap and has no canopy. I am willing to donate and auction the tank and parts. But I was thinking it would do better if the stand was nicer and if it had a canopy. Maybe some other parts as well, circulation pumps and heaters maybe some dry rock some sand maybe more?

So what I am asking, is there members who are willing to donate more for this? Some time to clean up the stand and build a canopy? So if you don't have cash or things to donate to the project could use your time to help clean, move the tank, or haul too? 100% of the sale will be donated to Dons fund/family.

Is this something the BOD will stand behind? Would you set up an auction? Or is this Idea just too much to pull off? I was thinking what a great way to honor Don with a club build and auction. Let me know your thoughts. If people are willing to get behind this I am all for it
Mike and everyone else, Thanks for the ideas and dontation offers.

I will speak for the BOD (even though I have not discussed this with them) when I say that yes the BOD will stand behind this and help to get it organized. I think for starters if we can get a list of who is donating what then we can see what is still needed. After that we can setup the auction details and time and place after we get all the other stuff organized.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;167024 said:
Mike and everyone else, Thanks for the ideas and dontation offers.

I will speak for the BOD (even though I have not discussed this with them) when I say that yes the BOD will stand behind this and help to get it organized. I think for starters if we can get a list of who is donating what then we can see what is still needed. After that we can setup the auction details and time and place after we get all the other stuff organized.
I will organize the tank build, Since I have the the big ticket items. I think what I need from the B.O.D. is auction promotion and the auction organized. Questions for the board is do we want to keep this in house (m.a.s.c.). Or do we want to open the auction to other sites ( craigslist or other reef sites) for the best dollar amount for the fund. I dont feel I am the right person to make that call.

I will start a list of parts needed for a complete reef tank. Seems that we are off to a great start!

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will donate. Diy two part a gallon of alk ca and mg. I will mix and put in jugs. When do you need it by

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;167028 said:
I will donate. Diy two part a gallon of alk ca and mg. I will mix and put in jugs. When do you need it by

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
I think buy the time it goes to auction