Forest fire digi placement.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a drag of forest fire digi and I can't seem to find a good spot for it in my tank. It has good pe and everything but I cannot get it to show any green. The polyps are nice bright orange but I don't want just a fire digi, I need the green to come through as well haha. Any advice?

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Mine looked best when it was sitting on the sand bed. Dark green base with bright polyps.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
reeftankulous;348209 said:
Mine looked best when it was sitting on the sand bed. Dark green base with bright polyps.
Under what kind of lighting? I'll have to try to move it down in the tank. I have a radion over my tank.

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I have Chinese LEDs. I tried placing one piece in a frag tank and it pretty much lost all the base color and almost bleached. IME it doesn't like too much light

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It is not you. There is a lot of fake forest fire going around town. I have some of the fake stuff and it was not great. I have had it under 400W 10K metal halide and it will only barely get green - you are not going to find more, or higher quality, light than that.

I would not sweat this too much unless you got the frag from a 100% reliable source (probably on the internet).