Forum Tips, Tricks, and New Features

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Where/Who can I talk to about maybe adding something to the forums as well?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can I suggest a new forum tab and call it Stickies? Obviously it would be a place where all the stickies are posted or quick links to them, might be helpful in case someone forgets where they read a sticky and cant find it.
I also would like to suggest a sticky as well and have it be the map of all the LFS we have in CO. I know someone posted the map in one of my threads, just thought it would be a cool idea.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone else having problems with PM? I'm not getting any new ones even though I get a notification that I have one. Also I do not have a sent or received , just a list

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Not a bad idea but that would require a complete reorg of the forums, so not likely to happen, sorry. All stickies appear directly at the top of each forum they are associated with though, so they really shouldnt be that hard to find. As for that map post I believe it was stickied somewhere but I can look and see.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;n634600 said:
wheres the chatroom?

Been looking for one. Tried one of the ones available and it doesnt work with vb 5.1 and above. Not a whole lot of other options out there but looking to see what i can do.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
aztecdreams;n634608 said:
Anyone else having problems with PM? I'm not getting any new ones even though I get a notification that I have one. Also I do not have a sent or received , just a list
Each of the pms in the inbox preview should have a link that opens up the message. Clicking on the subject line should open it up, but you should have the message center nav on teh left side too with inbox, sent items, notifications ect... you dont have that?

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;n634609 said:
Not a bad idea but that would require a complete reorg of the forums, so not likely to happen, sorry. All stickies appear directly at the top of each forum they are associated with though, so they really shouldnt be that hard to find. As for that map post I believe it was stickied somewhere but I can look and see.

I think you can do it with the search. let me check.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;n634609 said:

I hear you just thought it was a neat idea. I tried looking for the map as a sticky and couldn't find it.

that0neguy1126;n634553 said:
weird. Can you link me the thread you are trying to post to? 99% sure i know what it is and just looked at your individual permissions and it shows you can post topics and can reply to topics in the Elite Reef channel.
I get the same error in every one f the vendor forums. I can't reply to any of their posts, AA, Ambrosia, MBC, Elite....any of them.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;634613 said:
Each of the pms in the inbox preview should have a link that opens up the message. Clicking on the subject line should open it up, but you should have the message center nav on teh left side too with inbox, sent items, notifications ect... you dont have that?
Nope. Just a list of PMs, some sent some received

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
19TheSaint75;n634669 said:
I get the same error in every one f the vendor forums. I can't reply to any of their posts, AA, Ambrosia, MBC, Elite....any of them.

Anyone else unable to post in the sponsor forums? Trying to narrow it down if its an issue with your user or the usergroup even though both permissions look fine.