M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I personally like them small, as I really enjoy watching them "grow up"

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
For me it depends on what it is. I dont mind buying small zoa and paly frags, but I dont like buying small SPS or LPS frags

I agree. I dont mind small zoas and stuff like that. But with Lps i prefer medium. I would buy large, but its to expensive when I can buy medium or small and grow it out.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like medium frags for small prices :)

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok on a serious note, it really doesn't matter to me because if your tank chemistry is good tab a small frag will turn into a medium frag. So I normally will go with a small frag and let it grow out. Hmmm starting a new thread with a question I just thought of.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I prefer small frags, but that is mostly because I have a small tank. What I really do like is when the frag is mounted on a small piece of rubble on the top of the plug so that it can easily be separated from the plug. This doesn't work for all corals, but it should make it easy for you to manage (there is a reason you use plugs) and it looks good right away in our tanks.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a notsmall tank, so I go for small+ colonies because frags get lost in it. I'm also not patient.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyShark;288740 said:
I prefer small frags, but that is mostly because I have a small tank. What I really do like is when the frag is mounted on a small piece of rubble on the top of the plug so that it can easily be separated from the plug. This doesn't work for all corals, but it should make it easy for you to manage (there is a reason you use plugs) and it looks good right away in our tanks.
Absolutely! Gimme rubble or gimme death! Lol

I would buy small frags of sps but i only ever see medium or large or out of my budget. If you had smalls I think I would be tempted to buy more and diversify my tank but being relatively new at sps keeping ( I only currently have two) I shy away from the more expensive options in case I nuke em. For zoas, they grow pretty quickly in my system so I pick smalls there too knowing they will be mediums in a few weeks.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I vote small. I have a small tank and like to watch things grow to a frag-able size so I can trade for corals I don't have. I also don't want to spend a ton of money on a coral that may or may not do well in my system. So if I start small and it dies, I can afford to get something else.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
I like a smaller frag because frankly when an expensive larger frag bites the dust in my tank...wallet sadness:(