Frag tank design

I just got off the phone with my glass guy and gave him the plans and demensions, hopefully I will have the glass by this weekend and get the thing built.

Thanks for the page, I was reading that before and guess I missed page 2. Called the glass guy and told him wait on the inner panels. I like the idea of those going the other direction so you can see the corals head on. I was also playing with a hydrodynamics simulator and found dead spots at the end of each channel like Alpha. I was able to fix that with curved panels at the head of the channels. This forces the water to make the u-turn faster and also causes swirling with a gental flow, perfect spot for lower flow corals.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe consider a terraced/cascade system, I have been thinking the two ideas could also be hybridized, with tapered baffles that do both re-direct, and cascade from side to side, this would also keep the highest flow areas directed into the deepest sections, lessening the dead areas.
Also, 45 degree braces, or even better, cove trim in acrylic in all the corners would decrease the friction/flow loss, give better hydro dynamics, and stabilize the baffles.

I don't think the terrace idea will work with the space that I have in this build. How ever I could try it out in the next stage of the fish room. I was going to use thin acrylic and curve it in the corners, but I like the idea of using glass at 45 to help support the baffles and direct the water at the same time.

I am really getting excited for this to come together.

Hurry up glass man!!!!!!!!