rodi ?

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
I have a 4 stage rodi system but the DI canister never fills completely up usually only 1/4 ways up I noticed today the water line is below the Di cartridge itself you can see the color change 1/4 to half way up If i close the valve it fills up put as soon as i release the water it drops back down Its been awhile for the membrane replacement and I have been seeing algae problems any ideas?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
What tds is it putting out? And do you know what you water pressure you have before the filter?
Ive seen the DI canister only partially fill before, but never really been an issue. TDS would be the best indicator of when to change the membrane. If you have changed all the other filters on the system and still cant get the tds below 1 or 2 then prolly time to change the membrane, but membranes can last for many years ime.
The canister not filling could also potentially be just a pressure issue. Pressure before the filter should be at a minimum of 60psi and does better if its more toward 70-80 psi. If you arent in that range, then add a booster pump