Freakin glass!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok I've cleaned this glass with vinegar 5 times then used scouring pad then a glass scraper and nothing is getting this white crap off. Anyone else buy one of these frag tanks and figure out how to clean it???

HELP!!!

View attachment 6257

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Try some muriatic acid. You can pick it up at most home supply stores. I use it as full strength but you can dilute it. Make sure you rinse it well once you are done. Keep it off the silicone as I'm sure it will eat that but it should take the mineral deposits off the glass.

Adam

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
did you soak it in vinegar ...if not try that overnight before you get to drastic

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heffe01;158075 said:
Try a magic eraser Gabe...not sure in this case but they seem to work on lime scale.
that mr clean thingy?

I was considering CLR but not sure how safe it is. People use it on coffee pots

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;158132 said:
If its on the out side I would do clr. Put it in a rag then apply IMO, so it's not in the air so much
+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Make a large try from tinfoil large enough for one whole side of the tank. Fill it half way with undiluted vinegar and just let it sit over night. Turn, scrub, repeat.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
If nothing else works you could bring it over here and we could try to buff it out with some 3M buffing pads.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Soak it in your bath tub with some vinager or a bunch of casade, with super hot water for a few hours...

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;158170 said:
I already tried CLR on my frag tank, let it sit for 4 hours and did nothing.
you get one of these too? Did you just set it up like that? If so pics plz lol

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I vote paint I setup a 20l frag tank and painted the bottom and back dark blue and the egg crate frag rack blue also it really makes the corals pop more I think

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was going to set it up, but I've been concentrating on the 120 (read; wifey didn't like the idea...) so it's just been sitting around. I figured I'd probably paint it black when I get around to building it!!!