Freshwater Zebrafish

I have my work 5 gallon with a clown in it, but he just sits on the bottom in his rock cave and comes out occasionally to throw pebbles at me. I was thinking (just for fun) of adding a small fish who would swim around the top. A guppy or two might do the trick, but I was wondering if zebra fish (eg glofish) can be saltwater acclimated as well? Anyone heard reports of this before?

Or are there small swimmers that might work? Most small saltwater fish I know of are sitters and hiders, and the real swimmers are usually large herbivores like tangs etc.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Some chromis would do the trick. I'm almost positive you can acclimate the brackish fish to full salt. Only experience I have with that is my spotted puffer, they can't go full salt until they are adults though.

Also, hardy fish are best. I take good care of the tank and the WQ is good, but the volume is small and there are invariably fluctuations in organics, temp, and salinity.

Edit: chromis might get a bit large at 3" though. 5g tall isnt a lot of room.
Edit2: So maybe a chromis or firefish.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yellow tail damsel

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
All the guppy (live breeders) breeds do well in salt. Guppies, Betta's, molly's, sword's... Just take a week to switch them out.

I'd go with the damsel though. Clowns and damsels are tough enough to handle each other. A guppy may turn into fish food. (Film it if you try the Betta.)