Fritz Pro Salt vs. Red Sea Pro Salt

Havs

Cleaner Shrimp
How does Fritz compare to Red Sea?

For those that are using Fritz, how are you liking it? There's not a lot of reviews on the Internet.

rplank

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I switched from red sea coral pro to fritz because of cost. I can't day I see a quality difference other than fritz mixes faster and better.

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I switched from Kent to Fritz and what I've noticed is a huge difference in calcium levels. I haven't test newly mxed water side by side but after a few weeks my calcium dropped from mid/high 400's to below 300 when I tested it. Lesson learned for sure. Test. Test. Test. Especially when changing things up! Magnesium levels in Fritz seem to be higher than in Kent. I've used Red Sea coral pro in the past but switched becaus of the cost. Again, this is just my experience.

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I'll have to give it more time before I can call it one way or the other. Still have a box and a half left of Fritz so will use it and see how it does with all params being back in line again. Sorry not really answering your question. May be someone else can add their experiences. I think quite a few people use it now. Recent group buy and good prices in at some of the LFS. Again may be there's a reason for this mix being relatively inexpensive...

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I switched off Kent to Fritz and couldnt be happier. Its always consistent numbers every time thus far and that's what really counts as far as I'm concerned, plus compared to red sea its dirt cheap.