1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Frozen food group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys, Deals and Specials' started by Balz3352, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Anyone want to head this? I would but with work, grad school, and an infant ive got plenty on my plate. But I am in need of some frozen food here soon.

Also anyone know good sources of frozen food?

2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Do we, or does the club, have any connections with LRS? I can send them an email and see what I hear back, but if we already have an "in" I don't want to mess that up. If LRS is the way we want to go I can order it and make a delivery to north Denver?

3. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

We dont have a contact to LRS that I aware of, but feel free to contact them and see what they say. You will likely need a vendor to do the order through them though.
    We have done groups buys in the past through brineshrimpdirect, so ill bet they would be up for it again. http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/

4. TheRealChrisBrown

Is Brineshrimpdirect the one that Ghxst was saying he wasn't to pleased with back in 2014? (In the chat box on home page)

5. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I have never had any issues with the Mysis or Krill from brineshrimpdirect. My fish will eat all of this as well as PE Mysis, yet the only seem to reluctantly eat Hikari or other mysis.

6. TheRealChrisBrown

Larry doesn't do club group buys, when they used to do it many years ago the backlash from their retailers was huge. He said he would work with a local retailer (maybe Cris at AA?) to offer us a special deal? The only problem with that is AA is so far from my house in Loveland I don't want to drive 2 hours each way.

7. TheRealChrisBrown

From Larry when I mentioned Cris at AA:

"Yes Cris is a great guy and big supporter of LRS!

I can reach out to him and see if we can work something out to help you guys. Let me bring him and my distributor up to speed."

8. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Hopefully Cris agrees to this, I would like to have a nice deal. Can't you tell Larry that we won't tell anybody else LOL. I'm definitely interested in buying. Is this the stuff with the Chinese packaging? Is it safe?

9. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Ya a lot of the manufactures are that way. Salt is another that has to be done through a vendor now days for the same reason

10. TheRealChrisBrown

That reminds me, I'm out of salt too.

11. Balz3352

I think the last buy was brine shrimp direct. I thought the stuff was okay. Not terrible but not the best in the world.

Chris. If we do end up going with aa I could probably pick yours up. Save you some driving time.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  12. TheRealChrisBrown

Thank you! There might be some other Northerners in need too...

13. crisc

crisc Cuttle Fish Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

I received a call from the local LRS distributor about this group buy. Then I hopped on MASC and here it is! I spoke with him about getting it together and figuring out pricing for you guys. I will post pricing for you once I hear back from him about what can be done. If you can fit a whole box of 80-100 sheets that will be the best value. I'll report back on this thread as soon as I hear more.

Cris

Bdk1786 and SynDen like this.
  14. Cherub

yay! Thanks Cris!

15. TheRealChrisBrown

Sweet! Thanks for helping us out!!

16. BrianH

BrianH Prawn Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member

Thanks Cris!

17. asn-naso

asn-naso Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I would be interested in 2-3 Herbivore Frenzy packages

18. Cherub

Hey Alan I was just wondering if you were still around the other day. I forgot your handle, hope all is well

19. crisc

crisc Cuttle Fish Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Ok, I have the info on the group buy directly from Larry himself and the distributor. So here is what they are willing to offer:

-Since MAP (minimum advertised price) is $20.99 for most LRS foods that is the lowest price this group buy can have.
    -The group buy is for one box which is 90-100 packs.
    -Someone from the group collects money and distributes the LRS packs to each member.
    -Whoever that person is can pick up the box from my shop and pays Aquatic Art Inc.
    -What I suggest is that you do a lottery system of some sort. Each pack a person buys they get a ticket. Put them all in a hat and have a drawing for:

1st prize is a $125 gift card to Aquatic Art Inc. PLUS 6 months supply of LRS (6 packs) and a Aquatic Art Inc. T-shirt
    2nd prize is a $50 gift card to Aquatic Art Inc. PLUS 3 packs of LRS and a LRS T-shirt
    3rd prize is 3 packs of LRS and choice of LRS cap -or- winter toboggan.

In addition, anybody that buys 7 or more packs in this group buy will get an Aquatic Art Inc T-shirt.

Let me know if you have any questions and if you guys want to pull the trigger!

Cris
    Aquatic Art Inc.

20. Balz3352

How big are the packs in relation to cube packs?