Fruit loop lighting and flow.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just picked up a small two polyp frag of fruit loops from rumen and was wondering what lighting and flow they like. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys/gals.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
i had a buddy buy some, they almost melted on him under normal conditions, low/mod flow and medium LED lighting... once he moved them to an almost high flow and moderate/low light they perked right up and were open. Its a deepwater zoa originally right?

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have them like 8 inches under HQI in pristine water condition. I have a wavebox, so ton's of flow across the polyps, but different that with flow pumps. They put on a new layer of polyps on the edge every week and a half and are growing like crazy.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe in another 6 months, or so, when they get about softball size. I need to have a real mother colony, not a teen mom from MTV with 4 polyps on the "mother." I guess that I am just selfish and stuff. These, rastas, red and blue hornets will grow under all kinds of light in my tanks - I am not really into polyps, but I like these OK.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol... i hear ya. i got a "colony" of rastas currently... but theres only like 4 polyps. lol letting them grow then i can dbtc some of those out and trade.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

Ok so it's a 30 gallon IM tank with a kessil a350w and mp10. Upper,lower, or middle of tank?

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

Still haven't opened. I'm putting them on my sandbed in a decent amount of flow. See how that works.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
PlumCrazy;257260 said:
Good luck, let us know!
I'm gonna take a look at them tonight and see how they did today. I get off in a half hour and the lights will be on when I get home. Hopefully they make it cause I've always wanted some.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Still not opening. I might want to see if someone wants to trade to see if they can get them to open in their tank.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You could try putting them in the full shade for a while.

If you want to come by, you can pick something out that you like. I could also just keep them to see if they will open at all and you can have them back when they do.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;257287 said:
You could try putting them in the full shade for a while.

If you want to come by, you can pick something out that you like. I could also just keep them to see if they will open at all and you can have them back when they do.
Where are you located. That sounds like a good deal. The best idea.