FTS's!!

Ok its new year. Nice time to document.

My 125 Gal - 4 years:

Sorry I didnt clean the glass first and this is after brand new 400W 15K bulbs.

I can do better with the SLR, but the battery is dead.

Stu

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
those are some nice mature colonies stu ...hope mine looks like that after 4 years

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wowza! Stuart, did you ever make a base or is it all coral growing off each other lol. looks very nice!

dv3,

Thanks - Some of those colonies were only 1/3 of the size they are now.
SOME of the larger colonies ( like the danae 1/3 from the right in the back ) were SMALL frags jjst a couple of years ago.

Mantid,

"did you ever make a base or is it all coral growing off each other"

The base is almost entirely Garf Arches & caves.
After 6+ years, you cant tell it from live rock.

Stu

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
frickenfragger;30588 said:
Thanks, and Yes, the ones in front are attached to the glass. I am without a frag tank right now and have no space so I have 6 racks in 2 tanks. I am working on selling some stuff to fund a new frag tank.
You have great looking tanks!

Quick, follow this link:
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3502

Get on it man. This is a not a chance that you get too often. And when you do get a frag tank, we want to see your progress of setting it up! Good luck!

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
Here are our two tanks

72 bow front - few fish and starting to add corals

14 biocube - FOWLR

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
hurrafreak;30954 said:
Is that second picture going to be a reef tank?? Because I might be mistaken, it happens lol, but I thought choc chip stars were not reef safe??
Your are not mistaken 1 bit. Those 2 fatties are in that tank and that tank will be rock only because of them. :) they tried to eat everything in the big tank very quickly so they went to the sump till we got the new tank. Kinda sucks but I love those 2. We had to nurse the big red one back to life so I cant trade him off now.

Anyone know for sure if they eat anenomes? I would like one for my clowns. I have heard they can Eat them and if they can i'm sure these 2 will. I'd think the anenome would sting them though?