Getting back in-SUS' 100 Gallon Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
SUS;662412 said:
Very nice. Which ones did you go with? What size tank?
I was eyeing that sale today, just couldn't pull the trigger yet. Let me know how you like them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stone Aquatics will price match the gyre. Just picked up the XF250

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I really like the idea of the gyres. I think putting one on each corner vertically would be ideal, out of the way, and maintain the clean look. My hesitation is with the noice I've been reading about. Being in the family room, is like it as quiet at possible. How does the noice compare to the quiet drives? I know my old MP40 was crazy loud...

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
The gyres, from what I have seen, make a nice supplemental pump but dont quite offer the variety of flow as other pumps. Not that they cant be used by themselves, but I think a gyre mixed with an mp40 would make for a much better combo. The new quiet drives are just that, very quiet. Big difference from the older ones

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;662447 said:
The gyres, from what I have seen, make a nice supplemental pump but dont quite offer the variety of flow as other pumps. Not that they cant be used by themselves, but I think a gyre mixed with an mp40 would make for a much better combo. The new quiet drives are just that, very quiet. Big difference from the older ones
I like that idea. I think I'll start with MP40's and possibly add something else like a gyre down the road.

Thanks!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Wow!!!! Killer built and excellent stand build!!! Jealous for sure and look forward to watching it come alive!!!!

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;662495 said:
Wow!!!! Killer built and excellent stand build!!! Jealous for sure and look forward to watching it come alive!!!!
Thanks!

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
robert.talarico;662618 said:
Following along on this one... Let me know when your ready. I have a couple "tester" acro frags for you. Welcome back
Sounds great. Thanks Robert

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did you score a Buch of deals on Black Friday?

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Irishman;662670 said:
Did you score a Buch of deals on Black Friday?

I did (well not necessarily Black Friday. for the last week or so BRS has had everything on sale)
The light was 300$ off! Everything else was like 10-20% off

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
After probably half a dozen trips to Home Depot/Ace, I was able to get these plumbed up in the garage this weekend. I ordered (2) 16 gallon ace roto-mold tanks that will go under the stand and be connected to these tanks in the garage. They will be used for ATO and AWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.