Ghett-ATO

Jscwerve

Cleaner Shrimp
I also posted this on RC. My down and dirty quick ATO I threw together.:

Yes, That's right folks,

Ghetto ATO.

I honestly don't mind topping off my tank every day, but I travel for work and I'm positive the better half doesn't want to haul water upstairs while I'm gone.

In come my plans to just build my own ATO. Great right? Actually it's quite simple. I figured I wanted a 24vdc dual mechanical/electrical float switch simple independent system (automation will come later).

Ordered two switches from autotopoff.com (honestly because I couldn't source them cheaper, and I do automation for a living). And one of their mounting brackets. I figured I'd grab everything else laying around that I needed.

Plan was to wait until I had an extra NEMA rated box laying around that was little enough for my power supply, relay and wiring and make a clean job.

Work trip came up before planned. Didn't order a box or have one laying around. I ran out of shrink tubing. Hell, I am for some strange reason out of submersible electrical splice tape. I DIDN'T EVEN ORDER MY CONNECTORS YET!!!! Work trip comes up. I have to leave tomorrow!!

In come Ghetto ATO!!!!! (this is just a temporary fix so my wife doesn't have to haul water for the next three days, I'll rebuild it in time)

I'll let the pictures do the talking, but from the looks of it I wouldn't try to walk through an airport with this on you!!! What it is simply is a 24vdc negative switched relay with two mech/elec float switches wired in series to turn the lift pump on and off and have an emergency shut off. It's been thoroughally tested and I trust it to do the job. Now, the presentation, probably some of the sloppiest work I've ever done, lol.

I'm only posting because sometimes, all you have is lemons sitting around without sugar, and you still have to make lemonade. It's nasty lemonade, but it's still lemonade in the end.

[/IMG]

And Finally, ghetto set up hooked up ghetto like on my pos sump. tested and working.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jscwerve;636767 said:
I'll let the pictures do the talking, but from the looks of it I wouldn't try to walk through an airport with this on you!!!
Hahahaha
Nice work! I have no idea what exactly you did here (what is the large white thing below the float switch?) but it sounds like it works. So nice DIY!

Jscwerve

Cleaner Shrimp
That's the actual level switch enclosed in a pvc pipe (bottom and top vented). The top float is an emergency float in case the lower one fails for some reason.