glueing acrylic

120greefman

What is a good glue the will actually hold acrylic together and where can I get it?

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
colorado plastics in boulder has it, make sure you get the right kind for the intended application, and it may take 2 kinds.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;96898 said:
colorado plastics in boulder has it, make sure you get the right kind for the intended application, and it may take 2 kinds.
they moved to lafayette

I got my weld on at Fort Collins Plastics. They also have an awesome scrap area. What are you building?

For my media reactor I used weldon 4 and then went over that with weldon 16 because I'm paranoid.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got some Weld-on from a hobby shop. Worked wonderful too. Like a real hobby shop, not hobby lobby. The ones with models and rc car stuff

120greefman

Got my frag tank build going. Built an algae turf scrubber for my sump, just needed a little adhesive action for some simple applications. Turns out the super glue gel works very nicely followed by some silicone. So I have my stand done, built and hob overflow from old stuff laying around, had a 20g sump I gave away and took back, got an old mag 5 for a return, just need a few lights and finish the plumbing and this baby will be in action. Here's the best part:
frag tank-traded corals for it 24x24x8
stand-made of 2x4's from HD $10
hob overflow-made from old stuff laying around-basically free
sump-20g with built in algae turf scrubber-free
return-mag 5(had an old one laying around)
misc plumbing-$10
ATO-will be a gravity fed line attached to a float.
Just need some lights and I will be done.

Total investment so far $20. Lights will probably run me a bit. Also need a heater. Very excited to get this baby going.

WrasseAttack;96911 said:
I got my weld on at Fort Collins Plastics. They also have an awesome scrap area. What are you building?

For my media reactor I used weldon 4 and then went over that with weldon 16 because I'm paranoid.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What size heater you need?

Sounds sweet. I'm the opposite of you, got the lights, heater, sump just looking for the cheap frag tank now. Maybe I should try building one.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
24x24x12 for $35.00 but I think you might have seen them already and are looking for a rimless right?

120greefman

Boogie;96968 said:
What size heater you need?

Whatever will keep it to temp, it's in my office in my basement so it's a little cooler down here. Also need a new mag 5 pump if anyone has one. Got it all hooked up, fixed all the leaks and my freakin old pump leaks somewhere.