Going to St. Maarten and Abacos, Bahamas in Dec

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll be going to St Maarten for a week, then Abacos, Bahamas for a week in December. While in St Maarten, I'll take all-day snorkel trips to Anguilla and St Barts.
Has anyone been to either place? Are there places I just have to see, things I really oughta do? Feel free to include abovewater stuff (restaurants, beaches, shops) as well as 'facedown' stuff (snorkeling). I'll be with family in St Maarten, but solo on Abacos, so if there are areas I should avoid there, please let me know.

Thanks,
Cindy

PS- Parrothead trivia: Jimmy Buffett wrote Cheeseburger in Paradise in St Barts, but the burger itself was consumed in Tortola.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
reefmaster719;203645 said:
Well shoot. I'll go with you to abacos! Lol...:D
I WISH I could have transferred the plane ticket for 'he who shall remain nameless' to someone else. I took a $1400 hit to the wallet because it was nonrefundable/nontransferable.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can call me anything you want if I can go to the bahamas with you. :)

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CindyL;203646 said:
I WISH I could have transferred the plane ticket for 'he who shall remain nameless' to someone else. I took a $1400 hit to the wallet because it was nonrefundable/nontransferable.
Too bad you would need a passport, I could get a fake DL with his name on it stupid quick!!! Of course since 9-11 they don't just glance at them anymore :(

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
ReeferMatt;203748 said:
Too bad you would need a passport, I could get a fake DL with his name on it stupid quick!!! Of course since 9-11 they don't just glance at them anymore :(
HAHA!! Yeah, they definitely take a close look at documentation these days. Hell, they take practically naked xrays of you at the airport!

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
CindyL;203751 said:
HAHA!! Yeah, they definitely take a close look at documentation these days. Hell, they take practically naked xrays of you at the airport!
Practically? They do! Don't even get $2 like a proper stripper either...

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
aztecdreams;203777 said:
Practically? They do! Don't even get $2 like a proper stripper either...
HAHA!! Yeah I always thought we should get paid royalties on those pics. I'm sure there's a book in their back room filled with them.