Goni Food

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys....I have a quick question about Goniopora feeding. I have a nice red Goni that has been doing OK, but it's not really grown. Been feeding with Oyster Feast in a turkey baster two to three times per week.
SOP has been to put 6 drops of the Oyster Feast into a shotglass of tank water, agitate, then snork it up into the turkey baster.
First I smoke a little over the top of the Goni with the pumps off, to get it started--then again one or two times over the next 15 min or so. Seems pretty similar to what I have read other people doing on the forum...

But I am not getting a satisfactory response...

Anyone have any food recommendations for Goni? I know they need a very small particulate size...

What do you use?

Thanks!
Dave

I have three gonis that are thriving and I've never spot fed any of them. ORA has a strain of red goni's that are very popular and they also do not feed theirs anything. I do add reef chili and phyto to my tank every few days.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have an ORA red goni that I spot feed like the rest of my coral just to get it growing faster. I feed a mix of brightwell microvore, zooplanktos-L, reef chili, zoPlan, frozen cyclopeze and frozen brine.