Green Mushroom and GBP Zoa

Got some easy stuff that is self-fragging onto the sand occasionally and we've gotta get rid of it before it attaches elsewhere.

The downside is our tank is heavy on hair algae right now (and has some bubble algae), the Zoa frags have a chunk of hair algae on it.

I have:

1. Square Frag Plug with Small Green Mushroom (Chopped off rocks ~3 weeks ago)
2. Unattached Large Green Mushroom
3. 3 GBP Zoa, with a small amount of hair algae on the plug
4. 1 GBP Zoa, with a good clump of hair algae on the plug

Picture of the parent colonies (daylight):

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
coreyt;672762 said:
The downside is our tank is heavy on hair algae right now (and has some bubble algae), the Zoa frags have a chunk of hair algae on it.
That's what peroxide is for...a 10 min dip in 10-1 tank water and 3% peroxide will kill off every bit of hair algae and bubble algae on the plug and won't harm the corals one bit (they will look pretty pissed for a day though).

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Might want to list your location.

That's what peroxide is for...a 10 min dip in 10-1 tank water and 3% peroxide will kill off every bit of hair algae and bubble algae on the plug and won't harm the corals one bit (they will look pretty ****ed for a day though).
Hmm, might give that a shot.

Might want to list your location.
Firestone, north of Denver near Longmont, I'd prefer anyone interested to meet me here.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You don't need to to the dip. Whoever takes it from you should do it before placing it in their tank. Whenever I get new frags I always do a 5 minute dip in peroxide solution (10 if I see algae on the plug) followed by a 10 min dip in coralrx in RO water to eliminate all nuisance algae, coral parasites, and aptasia before it has a chance to infect my tank. Better to be safe than sorry and I recommend people do the same whenever I give away or sell frags.

goodness

Cleaner Shrimp
I'm interested in this and could come up tomorrow if that works?

3. 3 GBP Zoa, with a small amount of hair algae on the plug